Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Traxxaz XL-5

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 06:38 PM
nitrovulcnse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxaz XL-5

i have a duratraxx evader with a traxxas XL-5 esc, and for some reason now, It works for like 30 seconds then it stops. The light on the esc turns red and I can't do anything. Is this a problem with my esc or can I fix it?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:10 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Default RE: Traxxaz XL-5

sure. replace the esc.it's busted.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What kind of battery are you running? Is it a good quality pack or a 1500mah tower hobbies battery? Also check all the obvious things like batteries in the transmitter, wiring, connector etc.

It's unusual for an XL5 to die. I've used dozens of them over the years and have never had one fail even when pushed well beyond it's limits.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:37 PM
hindupimp2384

Well i have the new Rustler XL5 and the esc turns red if the voltage in the battery is 3v per cell for lipo, now if your using NiMH then your lipo setting on your esc is still on, do this:
1. Turn off your esc, transmitter and disconnect the battery.
2. Turn on your Transmitter
3.  Connect your battery
4.  Press and hold the EZ SET button
5.  Keep hold down the EZ SET, it will blink Red then Green light,
     then it will Blink 1 Red light (Race mode) then let go of the EZ SET button.

<font color="#008000"><font color="#ff0000" size="2">1 Red Blink</font> </font>= Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
<font color="#ff0000" size="4">2 Red Blinks</font><font color="#008000"> </font>= Race Mode – Forward / Brake
<font color="#ff0000"><font size="5">3 Red Blinks</font></font> = Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse <span class="copyright">(patent pending)

6. After you let go on the mode you want the Red light will turn Green and then your on NiCD or NiMH battery
    type.

If it still does not work then try another battery that works and if not that, your esc is dead.
<br type="_moz"/></span>
Old 03-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Teknic
My Feedback: (1)

^^^ What he said, it's in Lipo mode.