Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

gearing...???????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:47 PM
lukefafrowicz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gearing...???????

hi guys, ive been a user but havent been on this forum for years. i recently got back into my electric rc cars and i got a problem cuz i cnt figure out the gearing to make my car faster. i have a xray t2 007 and my pinion gear was 32t and spur gear 71t and i clocked it at 67mph. i was told the bigger u go on the pinion(motor?) gear the faster ur speeds will be so i put in a 43t pinion gear and i clocked it at 59.... do i have this all backwards or something??? thanks.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: gearing...???????

ORIGINAL: lukefafrowicz

hi guys, ive been a user but havent been on this forum for years. i recently got back into my electric rc cars and i got a problem cuz i cnt figure out the gearing to make my car faster. i have a xray t2 007 and my pinion gear was 32t and spur gear 71t and i clocked it at 67mph. i was told the bigger u go on the pinion(motor?) gear the faster ur speeds will be so i put in a 43t pinion gear and i clocked it at 59.... do i have this all backwards or something??? thanks.
The pinion gear goes on motor, the spur is the gear it drives. Using bigger pinions and/or smaller spurs will increase top speed,but reduce acceleration. Using smaller pinions and/or larger spurs will reduce top speed, but increase acceleration.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
r/c_freak

here this is the best write up about gearing that i have been able to find.  hope it helps.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3255405/tm.htm
Old 03-05-2011, 12:48 AM
lukefafrowicz

thank u guys!