Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Exceed RC Eagle 50 (2.4Ghz LCD) Tail Spin Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed RC Eagle 50 (2.4Ghz LCD) Tail Spin Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:21 AM
pjstar31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed RC Eagle 50 (2.4Ghz LCD) Tail Spin Problem

After 2 days of making sure everything was level, all screw were tightened, fresh batteries installed in Tx, etc I finally fired up my Eagle 50 for the first time. I did this on the wood floors in my large living room and first thing I noticed is that the tail seems to spin in one direction (heli is still on the ground). I have to pull the rudder control to the extreme left to get it to stabilize. I played with the trims but that didn't seem to help. What's weird is that when you pull the rudder control to the left the tail motor slows down and when you pull it to the right the tail motor speeds up like crazy. Now correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the tail motor spin slower when the stick is centered and then speed up when you pull the rudder control left or right? Mine slows down when pulled left and speeds up when pulled right and the trim doesn't seem to help at all. Is there an adjustment that I need to make somewhere that I'm not aware of?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
pedrick1

Default RE: Exceed RC Eagle 50 (2.4Ghz LCD) Tail Spin Problem

there are several threads about the eagle 50s many problems including the tail just fyi. But the tail only spins one direction which is clockwise (hence the tendency for motor driven tail helis to drift to the left upon take-off). The spinning of the main blades wants to make the heli go left naturally, so the tail blade spinning at startup is to counteract this, pushing your left TX stick to the right causes the tail motor to spin at full power to fully counteract the main blades, pushing your stick to the left causes the tail motor to turn off and the gyro allows for some release to allow the main blades to turn the heli left. So turn right= tail blade, turning left= main blades, hope this helps
Old 03-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Forum support1

Default RE: Exceed RC Eagle 50 (2.4Ghz LCD) Tail Spin Problem

Hi <font size="2" color="#00265e">pjstar31</font>
&lt;script&gt;</script&gt;

Do you want to send me back that helicopter for exchange.

Eric</p>