Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Newbie, first rc car

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 01:13 AM
nissan gt-r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, first rc car

Hey guys,

So my birtday is this friday and I've been looking at getting an rc car for my birthday. I've done research and i think I'm set on starting with a TT-01 Type E chasis.

I'm not sure about the price difference on a TB-()2 or how much better it is, but if you guys can inform me about them, maybe that is a better option?

Anyhow, I went to a local hobby store and the price I found for a TT-01 Type E chasis with light kit, r35 shell, with battery pack and controller came up to about 330. I was really looking forward to getting a drift spec but the guy informed me that would be about another 100 dollars to get that kit or about the same to upgrade to what the drift spec has.

So my question to you guys is, how does the price sound? Is there a place to get it cheaper? Is it smart to start with a tt-01 E. Pretty much looking for the best bang for my buck. What are some effective aftermarket parts that I should look into getting? Should I pay the money to get a drift spec package or should I buy the upgrades seperately, how much would it be?

Please, any knowledge to help a newbie would be greatful!