Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

X-factor Electric Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 AM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-factor Electric Conversion

I have an X-factor that has been sitting on the shelf for a while now, well pretty much all of my RC stuff are in storage, just dont have much time to play and the weather is also not cooperating. I am getting bored and want to work on my rc indoors.

I have 2 systems to choose from. #1 would be Twin Titan Motors with the EVX2 esc from an Emaxx, #2 is a Castle Creations Mamba Max (for 1/10) running on 11.2v or 14.4v.

I am not going for a speed record, I just want it slow down and be able to climb like a crawler. You know what they say about Nitro crawlers.

Will the mamba max too weak for a 1/8 truck that it might get hot. But since I will be just crawling around, do you guys think it will be OK?

Old 03-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X-factor Electric Conversion

Problem with the X-Factor is, if you break something, it stays broken unless you can find parts off of eBay or fab it.

I say go for it, just set a max $$$ limit and don't get too much $$$ into it. I think the Mamba Max will be fine with the right motor(s).
Old 03-29-2011, 06:23 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: X-factor Electric Conversion

ORIGINAL: ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

I have an X-factor that has been sitting on the shelf for a while now, well pretty much all of my RC stuff are in storage, just dont have much time to play and the weather is also not cooperating. I am getting bored and want to work on my rc indoors.

I have 2 systems to choose from. #1 would be Twin Titan Motors with the EVX2 esc from an Emaxx, #2 is a Castle Creations Mamba Max (for 1/10) running on 11.2v or 14.4v.
My too cents is to get a truck that is designed to be electric in the first place. And one parts can be bought for. For the price it will cost to convert this truck you can buy a proper crawler.

You know what they say about Nitro crawlers.
Prove them wrong. There is no rule saying nitro can't crawl, just people who've never tried it saying so. Build a nitro crawler just to spite the people that say it's not going to work, I say.

I'd do it myself but I don't have the cash flow...