Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Lipo alarm short?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 07:07 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo alarm short?

Hey guys, I run a lipo alarm from ebay for my 2 cell 4200 lipo. It has six led's and from what I read online, only two are to light up with 2 cell lipos. I was driving and ran through a puddle and soon after, it went off as if I was below 6 volts for my lipo. When I went to check, the pack was at 7.93 volts..

Does this mean I shorted out my lipo alarm? Also, what if a few drops of water got into my hardcase lipo hole where the wires come out? Last, can I short my battery via balancing tabs? (water)?

Thanks!

EDIT: Seems like the alarm read my battery as a 3 cell for whatever reason (imact, moisture, etc) and detecting only 2 cells worth of voltage, hence going off. I'll just charge my lipo outside in a bunker to be safe. haha

Close please.