Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anyone use this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:12 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use this?

Opinions, experiences, etc

FlySky FS-GT3B Digital 3ch 2.4 ghz Tx/Rx

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html
Old 04-15-2011, 08:25 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Anyone use this?

Got one personally I like the GT3 better, but that is probably because I'm more used to the GT3 menus (they did a major over haul)
But other than that you will be hard pressed to find a radio with anywhere near the features for under 5X more than it costs.

99% of the negative things I read about them are from people who never owned or even used one
Honestly I don't blame them in a way I was kinda weary when I ordered the GT3 on how good could it be for the price. Since I ordered a GT2, GT3b, and 12+ RX's ( I lost count) for them
Old 04-15-2011, 08:29 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

I have one, it seemed fine, but there was little servo trim adjustment, so you will have to make sure it is centerd well at neutral trim level.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:29 AM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

wow that is very inexpensive

I would still never give up my M11 but that is some deal right there. I can tell the hard plastic wheel wouldn't be nice and I'm sure the quality of construction is not so great but if it works it works right?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:34 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: dracy69

I would still never give up my M11 but that is some deal right there. I can tell the hard plastic wheel wouldn't be nice and I'm sure the quality of construction is not so great but if it works it works right?
Dunno took mine apart(to remove battery trays so I could install lipos) it seems built pretty good.
The wheels actually has rubber on it not hard plastic that if you wanted could swap to foam. I personally prefer the rubber over foam but that is personal taste.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:38 AM
abenatal

i have one with two models on it so i go with one remote everywhere as i can do several models on one remote! the trim is a bit off but it works wonderfully! also has a meter for your battery, dual rate button and a channel 3 on the fly by the grip! the recievers are only 7 dollars and are thin and small! I am looking for another one but can't find them anywhere, i paid 35.00 on hobbypartz. nice piece to carry if you have more then one RC as you only have to carry 1 remote....
Old 04-15-2011, 09:00 AM
djyjrlz

i got mine the other day to drive my truggy with and some various other rc's (but mainly to race) and for the price you WILL NOT FIND A BETTER RADIO, its simple to use, has tonnes of features and it feels quality as well as looking very nice as well. i have not owned any other 2.4 systems but have seen many others. the plastic is a little tacky at first but you get used to it. <div> absolutely love this radio. </div>
Old 04-15-2011, 09:06 AM
dracy69

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: dracy69

Dunno took mine apart(to remove battery trays so I could install lipos) it seems built pretty good.
The wheels actually has rubber on it not hard plastic that if you wanted could swap to foam. I personally prefer the rubber over foam but that is personal taste.
I am mistaken then, looked like plastic in the picture.

I like foam, but part of what makes most foam wheels better is the fact they are on higher qualty tx's that have more linear spring rates in their wheels making small movements easier to accomplish. It's the little things

I can't speak anymore on this TX but it seems like it would be a great back-up/spare radio. Can 2.4ghz tx's bind with 2.4 rx's from other brands. Like any shot at getting this to work with a spektrum rx? I have never tried this before.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:10 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Ok thanks all. I may be picking up one or two of these for us then!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Sigma.40

Have one with my Baja 5B. I love it.</p>
Old 04-16-2011, 02:54 AM
djyjrlz

I heard somewhere that they can bind to most 2.4 receivers... but dont call me on that. look at the reviews on youtube and they sing its praises all day long...<div>
</div>
Old 04-16-2011, 07:04 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

doubt you can bind other brand RX's to it seeing they use different frequency modulation schemes
Compatible RX's I know are 3rd gen flyskys, which are sold under eurgle, flysky, and Hobbyking. Think the redcat RX's might bind too seeing those are made by them too.