Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Long Islanders Who Want An RC Track Complex

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Long Islanders Who Want An RC Track Complex

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:35 PM
THEDAMICS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Islanders Who Want An RC Track Complex

Hey Guy's i have a question, regarding RC tracks for all of us on Long Island, but first i've also been in the RC hobby for over 25 years, i've owned Electrics and Nitro, always off road vehicles, some day i hope to get a 1/5th scale on road technokit or Bergonzoni, but right now i currently own a 1/5th scale Imex Blaster Buggy, and much like all of you i have not been able to find a true off road track on Long Island.

On road isn't the problem for suffolk on roaders anyway, the Ronkonkoma train station is where all the on roaders gather from like April to October to race, but a place that offers off road or both types of tracks doesn't exist here on Long Island, which brings me to my question, i happen to know various types of business men who are always looking for good investments, i have an idea for both a large indoor / outdoor road tracks for nitro and electric, and another outdoor track for larger scale gas powered vehicles, with electrical hook ups, grand stands, and workstations, and possible replacement parts store front.
However as we all know this will cost a pretty penny, first for the land, and the property taxes that accompany it, then of course the electric and constant upkeep of the complex itself, not to mention a hazmat license to store or sell, nitro and gas fuels and of course the place must be insured as well, so it's quite an expense.

So my question is, what would you pay to be able to come to a neutral half way location between nassau and suffolk and be able to race your vehicle for an entire day ?, because the simple fact is neither county or state park will freely give us what we want, so it's up to us to convince investors to believe it's a sound business investment, and enough responses from hobby stores and us hobby enthusiasts who love racing and bashing like we do, have to give something to get it, even if it's out of our own pockets.

We have to convince these investors that the hundreds of thousands of dollars needed to bring this complex into existence will not only return them there invested money but will continue to turn a profit for years to come.

As a safety precaution, to make sure this post is not left in a post that has been started 4 years ago i will cut and paste it into a new topic and all who are interested can respond in numbers and dollars that your willing to pay for a day of racing and bashing, and when i think i have enough responses i will present these responses and dollar amounts to my investor friends.

Hopefully it will have a happy ending for all of us.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:39 PM
MonkeyFist

Default RE: Long Islanders Who Want An RC Track Complex

I don't wanna bust your chops or dim your spirits, but RC tracks are not money makers is most cases. Here in CA most tracks are hobby shops as well making the track a nice attraction for RCer, but they track revenues don't support the hobby shop, rather it's usually the other way around. Having a facility that is strictly a track is not a winning proposition. You'd better off finding a piece of public land and getting permission from the city/state to build a track on it. There is a local club that has a huge flying field and off road course on property owned by the local transportation agency. They agency bought it for future expansion, but so far nothing has happened on it. The club has been there 10+ years.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:44 PM
1ne8ighty2wo
My Feedback: (2)

That sounds like a good idea. I think you should open just a track to start out with, probably 1/8 and smaller offroad as that will probably get the most turnout. Stick with just the track, electrical hookups, etc. for now to keep the price low until it gets going. Hold races on the weekends with an entry fee, and you could even start a club with yearly membership that will get discounts on entrance fee/race fee. Later down the road add on shop or some more tracks.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:24 PM
dnicholas

ive been working on an indoor track. were opening soon. flyers will be in r/c shops near you soon. we have a club membership. we will be running open practice everyday. we will have races on satrday nights for starters. we will only have a few classes in the beginning. it will be a anoffroad style track with jumps. were going to be looking for an existing r/c shop to lease from us. were going to be centraly located in suffolk, close to the l.i.e. "if you build it, they will come" see you soon!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:59 AM
Nitro Fumes

I'm originally from L.I. I had belonged to a club that raced 1/8 scale on road nitro cars. We would get as much as 30 drivers showing up. But our club had to rent a prking lot from Nassau Community College in Garden City. We had a trailer filled with all the lumber and supplies to set up the track. We were able to store it nearby because one of the club members got permission from his work place to store the trailer in their prking lot and it just happened to have been near the college. But frankly its hard to do anything fun on L.I. Everone's sue crazy there and won't let you do anything that'd fun because they might get sued. I'm sure glad I don't live there any more. I left there when the job market dried up in '92. And you have to rich to live there.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:06 PM
idrummerboy13

[youtube][/youtube]
hey and i really apreciate it. How soon will it open? By next winter?
Old 04-13-2011, 05:45 PM
pede_187

From what I understand, there is a track in Farmingdale called "Long Island Raceway". It looks like a nice track to me however I have also heard from someone that the better racers there talk a lot of smack and aggressive down talk to any newer racers.

http://long-island.newsday.com/recre...obby-1.1516820
Old 04-14-2011, 10:52 AM
idrummerboy13

i know i always go but nobody is mean thats a lie .
Old 04-14-2011, 11:19 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: pede_187

From what I understand, there is a track in Farmingdale called ''Long Island Raceway''. It looks like a nice track to me however I have also heard from someone that the better racers there talk a lot of smack and aggressive down talk to any newer racers.

http://long-island.newsday.com/recre...obby-1.1516820
Not the case my first time there...
Old 04-16-2011, 03:41 PM
idrummerboy13

why what happend?<div>and im looking forward to it</div>