Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

K&B Torpedo Greenhead

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 02:36 AM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K&B Torpedo Greenhead

As I peruse thru my late Father's collection of Vintage model stuff, I came across a K&B Torpedo Greenhead 2 Speed engine. It is still in the box with all paperwork and screws, etc. The engine has 2 needle valves and is .19 in displacement. Are these rare? The price is marked at $19.95
Old 08-17-2003, 03:19 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: K&B Torpedo Greenhead

Originally posted by Steve Westphal
As I peruse thru my late Father's collection of Vintage model stuff, I came across a K&B Torpedo Greenhead 2 Speed engine. It is still in the box with all paperwork and screws, etc. The engine has 2 needle valves and is .19 in displacement. Are these rare? The price is marked at $19.95
This was the very first attempt at engine speed control for RC. I had one in 1952. I would say it is a rare engine. If I were you I would go the the model engines collectors site and check the price. You can find the collectors site thru the RC web at towerhobbies.com