Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

(skylark) I Need Tips On Taking Off And Setting Up

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

(skylark) I Need Tips On Taking Off And Setting Up

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 11:58 AM
bikerdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (skylark) I Need Tips On Taking Off And Setting Up

I have a skylark with the practice landing gear on, when taking of the heli just wants to move around when a couple of inches of the floor is this normal i dont feel confident in taking it any higher yet. Any tips for setting the heli up aswell. What do i do with the sliders that are next to the sticks on the reciever. Any advice on flying or anything is most gratefull because i have not got a clue but are willing to take it steady and learn.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:27 PM
jeffs555

Here is a good tutorial on learning to hover. http://www.dream-models.com/h/flying-index.html
Old 08-17-2003, 12:20 AM
robthereaper

Default what i did

i am sure you will be told different but this is what i did last month when i started.
with the sliders (trims) in the middle slowly give it some power. this will be the ratcheted stick. when it gets light but befor it lifts off note where it wants to go, left/right/forward/backward. if it wants to go left then slide the slider (trim) right. if it goes rignt then slide the trim left. and the same with forward and backward. If the trim is not enough then you will need to adjust the servo arm by undoing the screw on the arm and rotating in whatever direction it needed (while copter is off). keep doing this trimming until it does not want to go in either direction. it may want to spin left or right, this you can in the same way but you will find is dependant on how much power you have going to the main rotors.
When it is all trimmed up i found it best to give it some power to make it light, but not enough to lift off, and just let it drag itself across the floor in the direction i wanted. keep trying a bit more power until you are off the ground. if it goes left move the stick right a bit etc. i have been able to hover in a semi controlled manner but am waiting for spares now. hope this helps.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:06 AM
bikerdude

Thanks for the info i will have a go at that.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:39 PM
whippersnipper

Hi bikerdude,

I would recommend you dedicate a couple of hours (or more) to reading this forum and learning the different parts of your chopper and how to set them up. there is a wealth of knowledge here, just use the search to find what you are looking for. it will seem pretty daunting at first, but you should have a bit of idea on how to set your heli up before you start whacking it into the furniture. and if the skylark is like my aerohawk thats a fair bit of whacking. just do the research and take it slowly. go to the excellent site above. most of all have fun, if it is giving you the irits, just leave it and come back later after a beer/smoke/run (probably not in that order!) it is a frustrating hobby, but ultimately very rewarding.

Good luck,

brett
Old 08-17-2003, 03:59 PM
bikerdude

Thanks for that whipper, thats iam trying to do learn as much as i can from you guys.