Default RE: Non Chinese Gas Engines

On the count of 3 everyone say,  Free Advertising.  1-2-3
Old 09-22-2011, 05:37 PM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: triumphman49

Do know there's confusion between glo & gas MVVS manufacturers, and probably should have been more specific concerning ''size'', as these were 1.2 cu in and 1.44 cu in. From what I understand they weren't in production very long due to ''unresolved'' problems. Seems like idle & fuel distribution to the cylinders. Was considering gas conversion and again was wondering if anyone had any positive input concerning these engines. Many Thanx

Mike Brennan
Club Saito #723
Hi Mike,

Sorry about the confusion at my end.
A while ago, I enquired about glow engines with MVVS but they told me they put very little emphasis on them these days.
Tough competition, I presume
Old 09-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: VIRGINIA MODEL BUILDERS

With all due respect to you.No one has stated we manufacture engines. <span style=''color: #ff0000''>We do not manufacture engines period.
</span>Stop trying to stir the pot and slam people.You have always been very good at research read my post and do what I said to do and you will find out what products we manufacture in the USA.

Wasn't stirring the pot at all, but asking a series of simple questions so you could clarify what you produced, and the percentages that were actually manufactured in the U.S.A. I am limited in what I can use both by performance and by location of manufacture. It's all dictated under ITAR.

However, it appears there was little to offer in response to the questions aside from a re-direct, perhaps to obscure the lack of factual reply. For the record, I design, modify, and build engines for a high end specialty user and am always looking for a better mousetrap. If you had one and it panned out to fit or be modified to fit, my uses you could, and I say could because that possibility died with your response in the quote, could have ended up selling a few thousand engines on a long term contract.

You really don't have a clue who you are dealing with sometimes, and how some people could positively impact your bottom line.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:44 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

geesh,sorry i opened this can of worms.the way i read it that you manufacture the engine or parts for it or just put all of the parts togethere here in the states.i wasn't sure of what you were saying.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Based upon the allusions in his post, I had presumed Virginia Model Builders was making engines. Obviously I misinterpreted his statement.

We will now return to the usual VMB advertising.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:50 PM
VIRGINIA MODEL BUILDERS
My Feedback: (159)

<span style="font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt">Just to be clear and please no slamming by anyone reading this post that I am advertising. We happen to design and manufacture after-market parts for a number of engines, some that we sell and others that we do not. I am not stating the products here because some will say I am advertising. I come to this forum to read, learn and correct misconceptions that may arise in areas that I am knowledgeable in.And yes I praise manufacturers that manufacture in the USA.<o></o></span></p>
Old 09-23-2011, 10:12 PM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It appears to most that you only come here to toot your horn, I've NEVER seen you answer someone's question to help them with a problem. You just tell them where they can buy a new engine (possibly made by you, possibly made in the USA) or some other mystery product.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:53 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

the new and improved jedijody