Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Desert Aircraft 50cc engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Desert Aircraft 50cc engine

The RCU server is about 20 times worth of screwed up. Uploading errors, loss of connection when posting a PM, smiley's working then not working on an hourly basis. There have been times the site went completely offline or could not be accesed from various servers, requiring an "end around" to make a connection.

It has been this way since it was bought by the latest owners.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:14 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

The RCU server is about 20 times worth of screwed up. Uploading errors, loss of connection when posting a PM, smiley's working then not working on an hourly basis. There have been times the site went completely offline or could not be accesed from various servers, requiring an "end around" to make a connection.

It has been this way since it was bought by the latest owners.
Well , I will try the photos some other time!............................................. .....
Old 09-23-2011, 05:25 AM
captinjohn

This is the next A.M. I will try the photos of my DA50 again. Well the photo thingy worked!! The engine looks good to me...so back together she goes. Then get a airplane for it and start having FUN. Oh, you guys at DA if you see the photos...do things look normal?? Best Regards Capt,n</p>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43336.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	1665600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38773.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	1665601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92214.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1665602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11669.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1665603   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10135.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1665604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23250.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1665605   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17347.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1665606   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16444.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1665607  

Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Tired Old Man

Looks like 1/2 a DA 100.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:18 AM
captinjohn

Good Morning TOM. Hey you are right ...and maybe if I sell my place...I will someday get a big DA Twin. I sure like the sound of my friends. Hey...I got to get a couple of photos of his latest DA 120 on a very nice airplane! Best Regards and have a good one....Now back to ....work Capt,n
Old 09-23-2011, 02:59 PM
mbinkley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Capt, looks like u have to much time on your hand. Think of all the fun u missed flying.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:10 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: mbinkley

Capt, looks like u have to much time on your hand. Think of all the fun u missed flying.
Extra time???? I guess I should send you a linkof photos I haveshowing all the House &amp; yard improvements I done here. Also working at my place to sell. Now if you read good...you will notice I do not yet have the right airplane for the DA50. I enjoy working on engines...it took only a few min to pull the cyl and check the inside of the DA 50 and had it back together in 10 min ...and running again!

Please don,t say I got too much time on my hands. If I did I would rest more and watch TV or just bother others with BS.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:37 PM
mbinkley

Sorry my bad u the man. But after all replies that said it was ok? I must be the with to much nice time since i read them.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:17 AM
captinjohn

No big deal...I post what I find out that may help other,s too....now they know its so simple to do a lot of this engine work they can save money doing some easy things to check whatever or fix whatever. Its good for me too...when I do this posting...it somehow "writes it in my brain better. So no big deal....got to go...lots of things are waiting to be done!!!!!!!!!!!! Capt,n

P.S. Knowing what a quality engine looks like inside....is kinda neat!
Old 09-24-2011, 09:43 AM
clivemc

captn
maybe just remove the idle stop screw before someone has a go about it
Old 09-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Tired Old Man

ORIGINAL: clivemc

captn
maybe just remove the idle stop screw before someone has a go about it [img][/img]

You spoiled all the later fun. I wasn't going to say anything about that

Have to agree about the level of difficulty in working with engines. Usually if you can remove a socket head cap screw and re-install it with an established level of torque you can handle the job. Four screws and off comes the cylinder. I almost said off comes the "head" just to get Antique going Four more screws and the carb comes off. Careful with the base gasket when lifting the cylinder (a hard twist for the first go at removal is always a very bad thing to do) and off it comes. When re-installing just pay attention to the ring pin and ring ends to make sure they are in alignment and thumb nail pressure compresses the ring enough to slide the cylinder back over the piston.

Careful if removing the piston from the rod, those little circlips are pretty hard to find after shooting across the room, and useless if you bent them during removal. Note the relationship of the piston to the exhaust port when removing the piston. Install it in reverse and you stand a very high chance of breaking the ring and ruining the piston after engine start. The ring ends cannot pass over a port. Most will never split a case to remove a carnk or replace an end bearing so I won't bother with that.