Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

4WD vs 2WD

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 04:24 PM
Adudein
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WD vs 2WD

I'm considering a stadiumtruck to "play race" with a friend of mine.I like the simplicity and price of 2WD.Will I be disappointed that I didn't get 4WD?
Old 04-16-2002, 05:03 PM
glennnn

Default 4WD vs 2WD

depends on where you are driving, my rc10 wastes t maxxes on gravel, dirt and short grass, but mud, longer grass and such i have a hard time keeping up, but if i coudl find a decent way to lift my frame farther off the ground id see no performance loss

hope that helps a bit

glenn hauser
Old 04-16-2002, 05:32 PM
Adudein
My Feedback: (11)

Default 4WD vs 2WD

I'll be "play racing" on the local track so it will be on a prepared surface.I was wondering about the differences in cornering ability between a 2WD stadium truck and a 4WD stadium truck.I think I've already ruled out a monster truck.Unless somebody can talk me into one.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:26 PM
glennnn

Default 4WD vs 2WD

oh im no help there although the 4wheel drives ive seen turn nicely though on a prepared track i doubt you'd see the difference

glenn hauser
Old 04-16-2002, 07:13 PM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4WD vs 2WD

In a perfect world there would be a huge advantage to 4WD. But, the world is not perfect. The best 4WD stadium truck out there is the HPI RS4 MT. Even with 4WD, this truck would have a hard time keeping up with XXXT's and T3's. It would be the same vehicles for gas trucks too, the Nitro MT, XXX-NT, and GT.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:47 AM
vegas mossie

Default 4WD vs 2WD

get a stampede, change the motor to a chameleon 19 turn, and change the tires back to 2.2 ( we use pro-line) this thing really flys at the local track. it is also high enough to play in the really rough stuff, as long as it isn't too steep. runs though the desert no problem. loren
Old 04-17-2002, 12:10 PM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

Default 4WD vs 2WD

My GT will jump a double that only 4wd electrics have been able too... I also have a Rossi .12 in it!