Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

new jet plane for a beginner

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

new jet plane for a beginner

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:52 PM
stielow007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new jet plane for a beginner

Yeah i am new to rc and the whole airplane/jet thing. Did any of you guys start off with rc jets and if so which ones are the easiest to learn with, i am going to take lessons. Also has anyone flown the f4 phantom II by yellow aircraft i want to buy that one or is that too technical any input appreciated. I have never flown anything. Matt
Old 08-21-2003, 12:10 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

That is a pretty big leap. I will suggest, and am sure others will agree, that you need to learn to walk before you can run.

There is a natural progression to learn to fly jets, and you can certainly fast track your training if you are dedicated, motivated, and practice a lot. However you will need to start somewhere near the bottom, and work your way up.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:33 AM
stielow007

Does that mean i should start out with airplanes or jets does it make a diffrence? What model would you recommend.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:52 AM
RC JET FLYER
My Feedback: (42)

Matt,
If you're serious about wanting to learn how to fly a jet.
*The first thing you need to do is find a local flying club. You can do a search on AMA web site.
*Next talk to an instructor who can assist you in picking out a trainer (prop)plane, and join the AMA and your local flying club.
Your going to have to learn the basics of flying a trainer and several other move advanced prop planes before you can take on a jet.
The time frame from trainer to jet is up to you. How much time you put into it and how serious you are.
When you're ready there's a lots of people here that will help you to the next step. (Jets)
Steve

Old 08-21-2003, 06:12 AM
Stratotanker
My Feedback: (3)

Realflight will help you hone those skills to get you into jets faster. Ask lots of questions! Good Luck

Chris