Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Hinging Alternative

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Hinging Alternative

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 09:12 PM
Mr. Buy Low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hinging Alternative

I am putting together a kit, a Sig Something Extra, and it is time to attach the control surfaces. I hate fighting with the CA hinges and have been told that "way back in the day" before the advent of CA hinges, control surfaces were attached by using the covering as a continuous hinge which also give you a sealed hinge line.

Anybody heard of this? Does it work? Will it hold up to whatever it is that the SE is suppose to be capable of doing? For what it is work, I am going to hange a .61FS on the nose of this thing.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2002, 09:46 PM
Scorpionjack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BL here you go I've been doing this for years and still do it for CA Hinges or as complete hinges.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...84&forumid=107]
Old 04-16-2002, 11:50 PM
Mr. Buy Low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks Scorpion. That looks like a hell of a way to set up controls. And I assume very strudy as well.

So much to learn
Old 04-17-2002, 12:00 AM
Scorpionjack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know what you mean BL; been in the hobby for 42+ years and these guys online as well as other parts of the States and World teach you something everyday. It's such a gr8 hobby! .

Take care glad to help