Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

SM Hawk 100 lights question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

SM Hawk 100 lights question

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default SM Hawk 100 lights question

Hi guys,

I have a Details 4 Scale lighting kit for my SM 1:4.5 scale (the big one) Hawk 100 and I have no idea where all the lights should be mounted on the model. The retractable nose landing light and the two nav lights (the red and green ones) are no problem. But then there are two triangular clear lens ones that are refered to a a top and bottom position light - no idea where to mount them. Also there is a small clear round dome shaped lens that I think is a strobe (maybe a ramp strobe) - again, no idea where to mount it.

Please bear in mind that all the wire lenghts are completely done by D4S - one would have thought they should have instructions with exact positions as the lighting kit is specially done for this SM kit. I realise that the controller position would have to depend on where the wire ends up - hence my question. This is the only way I can determaine where to ultimately put the controller.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Jan
Old 10-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: SM Hawk 100 lights question

Here's a couple of pictures. There is one of the triangle lens just behind the canopy and the other one is the bright light under the tail in the last picture.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41918.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1670838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95693.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1670839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27725.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1670840  
Old 10-07-2011, 04:54 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SM Hawk 100 lights question

Jan, I'm sure you can get location directions from Dan at D4S. Perhaps it's a simple as a quick email. Afterall, he would need to have that information to be able to provide the lights and wire lengths (which you should be able to adjust as you see fit with some wire and soldering).