Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/5 scale pede...body pics now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:25 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/5 scale pede...body pics now!

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

why would 2 gear boxes be needed?

the truck should only be 2 pound heavier when i get done with it. thats well within the limits of a single vxl system.

your double gear box is a neat idea tho. never seen or heard of a setup like that done.

i should have the truck built in a week or so.
How much heavier are the tires themselves? What kind of gearing are you running?
Old 10-18-2011, 11:30 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

why would 2 gear boxes be needed?

the truck should only be 2 pound heavier when i get done with it. thats well within the limits of a single vxl system.

your double gear box is a neat idea tho. never seen or heard of a setup like that done.

i should have the truck built in a week or so.
How much heavier are the tires themselves? What kind of gearing are you running?
i figure the truck with body and tires is maybe 2 pounds heavier than stock stampede.

the tires are a few oz more than talons(each tire that is) then the body has a few oz to it. much thicker than a 1/10 body.

and i added the body posts, and the allum bars to lengthen.

right now, i have a 16t pinion and stock spur. but the bit of running i have done suggest there is no reason i cant use a 19t pinion with a 2 or 3s lipo.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:58 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great work bro. That is just awesome!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Sigma.40

Looks evenmore scale with those tires now. It looks stock. Most peoples projects look cobbled together, but that Stampede looks like Traxxas made a Stampede that was 8 inches longer. Good job!</p>
maybe traxxas should...lol

the body cost and tire cost would be higher, but the mods to the chassis wouldnt cost traxxas much more to make.

If they could make one like mine and sell it for $100 more than the vxl stampede that would be a good seller IMO.
Sell them the rights to it, Nitrosport !
Old 10-19-2011, 07:57 AM
kaycerc

Looks evenmore scale with those tires now. It looks stock. Most peoples projects look cobbled together, but that Stampede looks like Traxxas made a Stampede that was 8 inches longer. Good job!</p>
maybe traxxas should...lol

the body cost and tire cost would be higher, but the mods to the chassis wouldnt cost traxxas much more to make.

If they could make one like mine and sell it for $100 more than the vxl stampede that would be a good seller IMO.
Sell them the rights to it, Nitrosport !
You can sell them the rights to something they already own.

THIS WHOLE THREAD IS IN THE WRONG SECTION OF THE FORUM - it should be in the MT Section, under traxxasshttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_251/tt.htm<br type="_moz" />