Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Brushless system for 2wd electric slash????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Brushless system for 2wd electric slash????

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:37 AM
sickpais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless system for 2wd electric slash????

Hello everyone. Im new to the rc scene and have a few questions. I have a stock slash electric 2wd that Ive had for about a month. I have got used to the speed on the truck and want

to step it
up to brushless. I want to know whats the best motor I can get for around $100? also do i have to change my speed control ?

Another question I have is about chargers. I am interested in buying another charger that charges faster than the one I already have. If I am going to switch to brushless do I always

want to use lipo's? Can I still use nimh's on a brushless? Whats the fastest charger I can buy for aound $100?

Thank you, Sorry if ?'s were a little lengthy...

Old 10-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brushless system for 2wd electric slash????

Castle creations SCT motor / esc combo is right about 100 bux
and no you dont have to use lipos forbrushless
Old 10-24-2011, 11:22 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

For a charger, ThunderbirdJunkie would recommend a Hyperion 0606i, and for your purposes a Tacon 3200kv 540 motor will do the job with an EZrun 60a ESC. You will need to gear up, so go to about a 23/83 gear ratio if it'll fit in the Slash. It'll be pretty damn quick.
A lot of people recommend the Hobbyking chargers, and after less than a year ThunderbirdJunkie's Accucel 6 has become the Inaccucel Always, cutting off the charge at 4v/cell despite showing 8.4v total voltage on a 2S pack. You definitely get what you pay for in all things RC, it's just that an inaccurate charger can potentially catch your house on fire. Another good charger is the Dynamite Passport Ultra, which is only another $20 over the Hyperion.

At $110 for the charger and about $80 for the ESC/motor (Charger you can get at amainhobbies.com and the ESC/motor hobbypartz.com) you'll be within the stated $200 budget. You can run nickel batteries with this ESC/motor, and your truck will be quick, but you'll see a pretty big performance increase when you switch to LiPo.

Batteries, for your purposes, the Gens Ace 5000/40C packs will probably do fairly well. About $35, they perform decent, and you're not going to be stressing them out with a big power system, so they should last a while. You'll want at least two if you're bashing, you should get about 30 minutes of runtime. You will want to solder up a new discharge lead, because the lead that comes with the Gens Ace bulleted packs is no good for anything but charging. A decent hobby shop won't charge you much to do that for you, especially if you're buying a $100+ charger from them.

ORIGINAL: Shabbernigdo

Castle creations SCT motor / esc combo is right about 100 bux
and no you dont have to use lipos for brushless
With that 4 pole motor, you need to run LiPo, and the SCT motor/ESC combo has shot up to $140-150 most places. Add in the fact that the speed control, while pretty good in its own right, is ill-equipped to deal with a 4 pole brushless motor and TBH that combo should not exist.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use the 4600 svt castle combo with the 4 pole motor on a standard 7.2v pack and have had no issues and its fast as hell.
In fact any thing over 25% throttle at the start just makes you spin out even with 4wd.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

The 1410 draws more amperage than the 1406, which has a smaller rotor.