Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hobby Partz and EXI servos

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 02:09 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hobby Partz and EXI servos

I am getting ready to order some stuff from Hobby partz. I am going to pick up a couple of their GT3 2.4ghz radios and a couple extra receivers to go with them. But I also need a couple new servos. has anyone tried the EXI servos they sell? How do you like them.

Looking to pick up a couple of these. they have very good reveiws and everything else I have bought from hobby partz has been very good as well.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60gexidise.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60gexidised2.html
Old 10-13-2011, 02:30 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby Partz and EXI servos

haven't tried any of those servos, but i can say that FSGT3B is a heck of a deal. don't even hesitate to buy one.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:03 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i had 2 of the EXI servos. one failed after a bit. both were loud.

i like the metal geared t-pro servos better.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/servo-mg996r.html
Old 10-13-2011, 03:39 PM
yakfish

I hope I didn't just get screwed. I just went ahead and ordered 2 of the FSGT3B radios plus 2 more receivers along with the 2 servos I listed earlier. I have heard lots of great reveiws about the radio system which is why I just went ahead and ordered them. I just hope those 2 servos will be ok. I have always used either Hitec or Futaba servos. So when these new ones get here i will have to post a comparison review of them. Thanks for the feedback so far.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
yakfish

I have had these servos and the radio systems few a few days now and have had a chance to use them for a bit. I bought 2 of the flysky gt3bradios with a couple extra receivers. only one of them will bind with the receivers. the other one turn on and will bind but the servo are very twitchy when I turn it on. so I have just been using one of them which is fine fornow but would like to have 2 good sytem that work.

I am very happy with the servos. very fast, very strong. but both are loud. I can live with the noise since they both work so well so far.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:13 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

told you they were loud!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: yakfish

I have had these servos and the radio systems few a few days now and have had a chance to use them for a bit. I bought 2 of the flysky gt3bradios with a couple extra receivers. only one of them will bind with the receivers. the other one turn on and will bind but the servo are very twitchy when I turn it on. so I have just been using one of them which is fine fornow but would like to have 2 good sytem that work.

I am very happy with the servos. very fast, very strong. but both are loud. I can live with the noise since they both work so well so far.
hmm is the RX binding to the other, and the servos are twitching with it? or is it not binding at all?
just might be a setting on the radio causing it if that is the case of them twitching. Or might want to try it in another setup.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 PM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

told you they were loud!
Yes they are... But my LRP .28 is louder! LOL! I really don't mind the noise as long as they work and so far so good. I am actually very impressed with their strength. I had a bad landing yesterday with my MBX5T and when it hit the ground I drove off but my steering wasn't working and I thought, "now I know why they were only $15". When I walked up to the truck to check out the servos I saw it broke the servo arm! I have never had a servo arm break before the servo. so I am impressed with their strength and durability so far.

I did place another order with hobbypartz and I am going to give one of those T-Pro servos you suggested a try as well. I need a new throttle servo for my Inferno GT.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:43 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

it is pretty amazing we can now buy high-torque metal geared servos for under $20 now.
with the metal gears, they hold up to alot of abuse. just keep'em clear of water. i killed one of my EXI servos by getting it wet.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 PM
nitro stan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got the d226f in a savage, i beat it like it owes me money and it keeps turning the wheels a little over a year later. gonna get one for my crawler as well. just waiting till i got enough play money to get a mini brushless system and a couple small lipo packs
the t pros are weaker then the EXI, and the t pros have been know to catch fire

the exi d226f is 180oz/in
t pro mg996r is only 138 oz/in
Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 PM
yakfish

[/quote]
hmm is the RX binding to the other, and the servos are twitching with it? or is it not binding at all?
just might be a setting on the radio causing it if that is the case of them twitching. Or might want to try it in another setup.
[/quote]

It is binding the servo do respond to the tx when it is turned on. but I can't think of a setting that would cause/fix the problem. And since i have 4 receivers I tried it with all of them and am having the same problem. The other radio worlks great though. I really didn't need to buy 2 of them since you can save model settings so It is just sitting in my garage right now. I guess I should just call up hobbypartz and see how their customer service is