Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

NOVAK 8.5 motor + LIPO = slow Tamiya TT01?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NOVAK 8.5 motor + LIPO = slow Tamiya TT01?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 06:53 PM
CSOCSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOVAK 8.5 motor + LIPO = slow Tamiya TT01?

So i have this Tamiya TT01E Drift car and i bought a NOVAK brushless system. Comes with the HAVOC Pro SC
Have a <span class="specs_bold">DTXC1864</span> LiPo 25C 7.4V Onyx 5000mAh Hard Case Deans&reg; Ultra Plug&reg; battery and stock gearing. 19teeth is the smaller gear which is on the motor.

What speed should i hit with this setup? With the NiMh battery i could reach 21mph with the lipo battery only 24mph. To be honest i was expecting close to 40ish mph. Is this sounds normal or a really need to change gear to hit 40 ish?
Old 12-26-2011, 07:15 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: NOVAK 8.5 motor + LIPO = slow Tamiya TT01?

what does 8.5 relate to in KV?

Tamiya's can be a bit tricky as they dont have as wide arrange of gearing options as other brands.

You probly want a 4000+ kv motor.

I ran into the same thing with my tamiya plasma edge. I used a 3300kv motor and the largest pinion gear. I thought that would be good for 40mph on a 2s. I got a smidge over 30mph. The motor has more to give, but the gearing is not high enough. I should have used a 4000+kv motor.

How is the acceleration on your car? It should be really fast. If its not, then maybe there is a setting on the ESC that will help? Motor timing may help some.