Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Low speed needle pinch test accuracy

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 06:48 AM
dannyrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low speed needle pinch test accuracy

On my nitro rc car I was tunning the low speed needle, by Whaching YouTube videos and it said to pinch the fuel line and see how long it takes. But on the cars they was using the fuel line was long but mine is very small so would this affect the tunning.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Low speed needle pinch test accuracy

It would. I use the "Floor it after idling for 30 seconds" method, which is done exactly as it says on the tin. Idle for 30 seconds, jam the throttle wide open. You want a good, quick, smooth acceleration, no stuttering or missing, boatloads of power, and blue smoke from the exhaust. If your low speed is set right you'll get that.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:53 AM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Tebo's method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwzcWLKKU0I
Old 01-01-2012, 05:11 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know, i dont notice much of a difference in stall time with a short hose or long hose, when you cut flow, the motor cannot suck the fuel out of the hose, so it could be 100feet long but it wouldnt matter because the engine cannot suck the fuel out because of a vacuum effect.

just me.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:48 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 82 Likes on 75 Posts

I use a combination of the pinch test and the throttle response test. Some engines will have snappy response when set "right" but the pinch test reveals the mixture to be a little lean. Usually a momentary pinch at this setting will cause the rpm to spike very quickly. If thats the case, I usually richen it a 1/16th turn to 1/8th turn and go with it. Since the idle mixture needle controls fuel flow at up to 3/4 throttle or so, its sometimes tough to get a good "all around" setting for perfect throttle response and good transition to WOT. I usually err on the side of caution and set it just a tad rich.