Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

need help how to grease shaft

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

need help how to grease shaft

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 06:58 PM
hobbyflyer09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help how to grease shaft

i got this boat at the local swap meet and the guy said i need to grease the shaft every time or so. i need to know the best way to grease in side the shaft if i need to take the shaft off or not and how i to take the shaft out im haveing some issues with that. any information would be great
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16979.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1723473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87693.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1723474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd80592.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1723475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey71330.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1723476  
Old 02-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: need help how to grease shaft

Picture 2 shows that you've gotten the drive collet apart so the flex cable should slide right out the back. &Under that loose nut should be the part if any that's keeping you from getting it the rest of the way out.
The easiest way for me is to just wipe some grease on the cable then re-insert it. Hobby shops can get some for you from AquaCraft (Grimracer) or Proboat has it in a toothpaste type of tube.
Depending on how much the boat is used will depend on how often you grease the cable. It's usually best to lube it after running to help prevent rust between play days and so that it's ready to go the next time you go out. If you run it a lot during an outing then you might want to do it again during the day.
Nice score by the way! Being nosy, can I ask you what you paid for it? As is, I see that I may have laid out up to $500.00 or more. Most of it looks like good stuff. The only thing that scares me right now is that it appears that the exit line from the cooling jacket appears to be set up backwards. Water should go in the bottom fitting and out the top one.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:14 PM
hobbyflyer09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i got the drive shaft out turns out its a two part shaft as pic 1 shows the part unscrews from the boat with left hand treads. here are some more pics of the boat i was just wonddering if any body could tell me what brand made this or anything about it i would also like more info on the drive system its a intternal rc cobra drive but cant really find any information on it. the boat was set up ready to run it also came with a JR 3 channel programmable radio and the stand all of it for $375

Name:	Ig11020.jpg
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1723493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95888.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1723494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91459.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1723495   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw62649.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1723496  
Old 02-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The hull may be an Aeromarine but wouldn't bet on it as I could be wrong. International Hobbies is now out of business. They had Warehouse Hobbies make some hulls for them as they used their Enforcer Gator but sold it in other colors that WHH didn't sell like pink. WHH used the usual colors, black, white, yellow and red. Int'l Hobbies made their own hardware and did some engine work, mostly with Homelite's in the early days but may have switched over to Zenoah's later on. I'd have to dig through some old issues of RC Boat Modeler to find out more info.
The trim tabs are Aeromarine pieces. The motor mount looks familiar but can't say for sure who's it is.
Here's Aeromarine's website if you want to look around: www.aeromarinerc.com . Warehouse Hobbies is www.whobbies.com .
Old 02-05-2012, 05:01 PM
HendricX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exhaust isn't is cheap one either , it's a QD-WTC (old-style) .

IMHO one of of the better pipes on the market.

If you want it quieter , screw a nipple into the stingerpipe (exit-pipe) ,

and re-route your water-out line to that nipple.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

One of these little blocks with a grease fitting would save you a lot of time.Just idle the engine and put grease into the fitting .The rotation of the flexshaft will pull the grease down the tube.Another way is a T-bar with a grease fitting.I couldn't remember who sells them.Maybe some else has that info.I got one from Top Secret,but they're out of business now.

Name:	Yw69154.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1723956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85927.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1723957