Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Servo help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 07:50 PM
carrera-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo help please

just got myself a new Hitec HS-525MG servo to use for the steering on my Schumacher XTR...all fine for about 2 minutes....now the servo will not respond at all whatso ever to any inputs from my controller....it just sits there gong into little spasms, going from lock to lock and vibrating...etc....it does this in both steering and throttle channels. neither of my futaba 3003 servos are having this problem when tested.

only thing i can think of is that it's a bit thundery outside so theres a bit of static in the air....but both futaba servos are working fine.....help please.

thanks
Old 11-22-2002, 03:00 PM
RURC

First make sure that the wiring is correct. I have hi tech servos and futaba radio gear in my XTR and my Top Speed 1/8. I have had no glitches. Check that the radio dose not have a cut in the antenna. Now on my Schumacher cat 2000 buggy with all futaba, i had glitches galore. I had to replace the servo. that servo works without a fault in my RC-10. Don't ask me why. With the way the set is stacked up I would really replace the servos not just plug in others. You need to totally replicate the condition. Change it out 1 part at a time. Nitros are not known for glitches like electrics. Keep the "bad" part. It will most likely work fine in something else. It is usually a combination that will not work together. The problem with my Cat I mentioned will replicate itself if I put the receiver and the servo together in my RC-10. Good luck keep me informed.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:00 PM
carrera-RCU

thanks for the reply....sorted the problem....just sent the hi-tec servo back and got myself a tasty Futaba S9402 coreless servo...cost twice as much as the hi-tec, but it's taken all the abuse i've thrown at it so far...
Old 10-16-2010, 08:58 PM
RC Scab Ab

Default RE: Servo help please

ORIGINAL: carrera-RCU

just got myself a new Hitec HS-525MG servo to use for the steering on my Schumacher XTR...all fine for about 2 minutes....now the servo will not respond at all whatso ever to any inputs from my controller....it just sits there gong into little spasms, going from lock to lock and vibrating...etc....it does this in both steering and throttle channels. neither of my futaba 3003 servos are having this problem when tested.

only thing i can think of is that it's a bit thundery outside so theres a bit of static in the air....but both futaba servos are working fine.....help please.

thanks
Excuse me I farted
Old 02-27-2012, 09:22 PM
BulgarianBullwhip
Banned

Default RE: Servo help please

anal itch