Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Newbie looking for info about Associated RC10GT. I am a newbie and could use some help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Newbie looking for info about Associated RC10GT. I am a newbie and could use some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 12:48 AM
SillyStvie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie looking for info about Associated RC10GT. I am a newbie and could use some help

I recently baught a nitro traxxas t maxx, which is my first rc car. I am loving it and want to get more into the world of nitro rc cars. My brother used to be into them as well but hasnt used his machines for a few years and I asked if he would want to sell them. All of his stuff is Associated RC10GT(which Iknow nothing about). I will write down his exact text messages explaining what he has: "I have enought stuff to build 3 pry runners. 1 motor, 2 bump starters, and lots of spare parts. Easily spent almost $1,000 on it all". I replied and asked if any of them are running. His response "One is pretty much running, was gonna swap receiver is all. another the chassis is together, had for a backup. And then have enough stuff to put another together, minus electronics. And lots of spare parts for the things that break often". I replied by asking if he has any controllers. His response " Yeah. 1 spectrum and I forgot what the otehr is. An M8 I think. The spectrum is what I was switching to. Dont need crystals adn can run further distance". Thats everything I know. He said I could have it all for $200. Is this a good deal? Any info as far as what kind of cars these are and what they are known for? Does Associated RC10GT make a good product? I am new to the RC world so I am trying to gather as much info as possible and learn from people that know what they are talking about. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Old 03-05-2012, 04:22 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newbie looking for info about Associated RC10GT. I am a newbie and could use some help

The RC10GT is a very good stadium truck. It is a 1/10 scale. Its an older rc truck though. Parts are hard to find but can still be found on line. I think 200.00 is a great deal and restoring them is fun also. Here is a pic of one I used to have.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:21 PM
SillyStvie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie looking for info about Associated RC10GT. I am a newbie and could use some help

How fast are they? What are they known for doing/what do they excel at? 2 or 4 wheel drive?
Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 AM
quietnas1

They are 2wd and are known for dominating the racing scene. They make great bashers also. As far as how fast they go all depends on gearing and the engine you run. Mines before I sold it was doing about 50 to 55mph.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with the stock engien and stock geasring it will do about 30-35mph but with taller gearing aa more powerful engine 50's are easy to hit. I swapped in a big block losi 427 in mine and I have hit 72mph on the gps. they are great trucks with lots of aftermarket parts support.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:44 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go for it. An OS 18 CV-RX works well in them and makes them absolute rocketships.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: 378

Go for it. An OS 18 CV-RX works well in them and makes them absolute rocketships.
Agree 100%. That's the engine I had in that pic above and she was popping wheelies all day long. An absolute beast.