Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Airpower EV5U-PRO/EVO Update....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Airpower EV5U-PRO/EVO Update....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Airpower EV5U-PRO/EVO Update....

But to put things in perspective, the AirPower valve seems like a POS, but it still is ~$150 more than Fly Eagle's. I think Id rather take the cheaper POS valve.

;-)
Old 03-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 4 of the air power valves and never had a problem with any of them. Todd leaned alot about these valves, Im hoping the next gerneration of valves he comes out with are bullet proof and of course not so darn expensive.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:12 PM
FalconWings

I had an original EV5 and it worked great! Not sure what happened.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:21 PM
topiwala

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went through two units in a very short time - before even flying either of them infact. On my third unit which seems to work fine. The jet scene needs a device like this, but needs it to be ultra reliable. So I'm all for any new such unit. </p>
Old 03-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Square Nozzle

I have one in my F-22 and it's been solid for me. I do have a water trap in the supply air line. Now my dilemma. I just finished assembling a Global JC F4D. The installation was designed to use the EV5U-EVO. About the time I was ready to order the sequencer, they vanished from the Dreamworks web site. As I see it I have 3 options. Let the plane sit till Todd has valves, roll the dice and try the FlyEagle valve or try to find one to buy from one of you guys. NIB of course. What's the scuttlebutt on the FlyEagle valve. My guess it's a clone of the AirPower/Dreamworks valve. My gut tells me to sit tight and trust that Todd will come through. To me it's the safe way out knowing the great rep that Todd has.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:17 PM
FalconWings

Well, I like the simplicity of the EV5, and keep in mind that Fly Eagle does not have a PRO version......but really there isn't anything you can't do mechanically.
You can always setup a servo with a UP3 valve and an additional servo (with a time delay) linked to an additional UP2, then a separate servo to a brake valve.
I know it sounds like a pain, but this is a proven method. You can always use an electronic low loss brake valve as well, eliminating one servo.

If you can't trust Fly Eagle, you don't have to wait for an Airpower one.

David
Old 03-26-2012, 03:33 AM
Square Nozzle

David, I agree that I can change to a "mechanical" system and I have looked at the UP3 option with an individual brake valve. Also considered the EVSD-SQ sequencer and accompanying dual action and single action electronic valves. The problem comes down to room. The F4D Skyray doesn't have a lot of room and since I designed the installation around the 5 function sequencer I find that I'd have to pull everything out and start from scratch with the equipment installation. With two other jets in my hangar I guess I'm thinking that I can hold off till Todd comes through with a replacement sequencer. Thanks for your response.