Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 06:16 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default G23 midrange

Not so sure that this belongs in the " Giant Engines "

But, I have a new G23 that I am having a tad of difficulty with.
Maybe its the 32:1 mix ?

High end is dialed and swings a 16/10 prop like nobody's biz.

Low end idle is sweet, jam the remote stick forward and she runs up pretty good.

Do it slowly and she bogs right at the midrange.

Am I being too heavy handed with setting the low end mixture screw or could it be the 32:1 mix OR BOTH ?

Help appreciated.

Thanks, Bob
Old 04-19-2002, 07:42 PM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default G23 midrange

Kinda doubt its the 32/1 mix,but its probably better to go to at least 40/1 with a good synthetic as soon as you have a little time on the engine.Ill bet some one will tell you the fix is to use one of the 100/1 oils,but I refuse to get into that discussion.
The mid-range is controlled by the low end needle only and the hesitation you describe can usually be dialed out by very careful tuning of the needle,sometimes as little as 1/16 of a turn.Make sure the engine is warmed up and just use a little patience.Im assuming the plug heat range and gap,and the magnet contact gap are OK.You may have to retune the top end once you get the low end to your satisfaction.Peak it (a tach is useful) then back it off about 1/8 turn.
All above is IMO.