Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hpi blitz vs. losi xxx-sct

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 06:28 AM
Jacobpede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi blitz vs. losi xxx-sct

Hey guys I have a stampede and am looking to get a short course truck. I plan to do some racing but also just driving around my yard. I have narrowed in down to the blitz and xxx-sct. Which one is more of a inbetween racing and basing.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:44 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Hpi blitz vs. losi xxx-sct

I have a pair of blitz's and they are great trucks. You will need to replace Tge steering servo as its junk but otherwise it's a great strong truck and handles very well.

That said I have been eyeing the XXX-SCT as my new racer for mod. If it proves to be reliable I'm gonna grab one in the next couple of weeks.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 AM
Jacobpede

What would be a good servo for the blitz. I'm not very knowledgable on the electronics.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:22 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get a team associated sc10 over both.

the losi I hear has a old suspension setup and doesnt handle very good (and has high COG), I hear the HPI handles better, but has bad drive cups and the chassis is weak (snaps in half)

this comes from talking to the racers at my local hobbyshop.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:31 AM
Jacobpede

How durable is the sc10 and is the race spec brushless version any good. I want to upgrade the truck I buy to brushless anyway. I will also have to see what my lhs carries parts wise.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:58 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jacobpede

How durable is the sc10 and is the race spec brushless version any good. I want to upgrade the truck I buy to brushless anyway. I will also have to see what my lhs carries parts wise.
from what I hear, yes its very durable and the stock setup isn't too bad (looks like a dynamite esc to me) most hobby shops carry team associated stuff.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Scottgir

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

the losi I hear has a old suspension setup and doesnt handle very good (and has high COG), I hear the HPI handles better, but has bad drive cups and the chassis is weak (snaps in half)

Sorry to say, the racers at your local hobbyshop are mixing up 2 models. The Losi STRIKE is the short course truck that losi released that was a total failure with the high center of gravity. It had a very similar design as the Slash except with mid motor. It was based on the Losi High Roller.

Because of its failure, Losi later released the XXX-SCT which was based on Losi's VERY race proven XXX design. The Losi XXX-SCT is an AWESOME machine.

I've owned all 3 (actually more because I've had a blitz RTR and ESE, an SC10 RTR and FT SC10 and a XXX-SCT that I later upgraded to the TLR XXX-SCT). And I can tell you all 3 are very good.

I felt the XXX-SCT and the SC10 versions had more steering than the blitz, even with the steering upgrades to the blitz.

Here's how I'd rate them

Steering
1. XXX-SCT (both versions) tied FT SC10
2. SC10 RTR tied Blitz ESE with steering upgrade
3. Blitz RTR

Durability. (all 3 trucks are incredibly durable)
1. XXX-SCT tied with Blitz
1a. SC10 (only because I had 1 chassis snap at the front but this was as much my fault as the trucks, but it's a recognized issue so I'm deducting for it)

Jumping & Rough Track
1. XXX-SCT TLR + FTSC10
2. XXX-SCT box + Blitz ESE
3. Blitz RTR
4. SC10 RTR (the rear end was hard to tune to get it to handle well enough)

These are my opinions.

If I was just getting a truck out of the box to start with and not looking to dump the highest amount. I'd get the XXX-SCT. For the RTR designs (not the FT, TLR or ESE) it's easily the best of the bunch.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Jacobpede

Thank Scottgir for that comparison. I will check with my lhs before I decide but it sounds like the xxx-sct then the sc10 and last the blitz. Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:05 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: Scottgir

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

Sorry to say, the racers at your local hobbyshop are mixing up 2 models. The Losi STRIKE is the short course truck that losi released that was a total failure with the high center of gravity. It had a very similar design as the Slash except with mid motor. It was based on the Losi High Roller.

Because of its failure, Losi later released the XXX-SCT which was based on Losi's VERY race proven XXX design. The Losi XXX-SCT is an AWESOME machine.

I've owned all 3 (actually more because I've had a blitz RTR and ESE, an SC10 RTR and FT SC10 and a XXX-SCT that I later upgraded to the TLR XXX-SCT). And I can tell you all 3 are very good.

I felt the XXX-SCT and the SC10 versions had more steering than the blitz, even with the steering upgrades to the blitz.

Here's how I'd rate them

Steering
1. XXX-SCT (both versions) tied FT SC10
2. SC10 RTR tied Blitz ESE with steering upgrade
3. Blitz RTR

Durability. (all 3 trucks are incredibly durable)
1. XXX-SCT tied with Blitz
1a. SC10 (only because I had 1 chassis snap at the front but this was as much my fault as the trucks, but it's a recognized issue so I'm deducting for it)

Jumping & Rough Track
1. XXX-SCT TLR + FTSC10
2. XXX-SCT box + Blitz ESE
3. Blitz RTR
4. SC10 RTR (the rear end was hard to tune to get it to handle well enough)

These are my opinions.

If I was just getting a truck out of the box to start with and not looking to dump the highest amount. I'd get the XXX-SCT. For the RTR designs (not the FT, TLR or ESE) it's easily the best of the bunch.
Hey Scott, my brother has put his old Traxxas Rustler on ebay and is out on the prowl for something new. I showed him the short course trucks that are in our price range (between $180-250, but the lower the better) which mean the Slash 2wd, XXX-SCT, and Blitz. He liked the Slash the best for it's looks, but once I told him that it isn't suppose to handle all that well (kinda like his Rustler), he seemed to be a lot more interested in the XXX-SCT which I told him should handle great. If he's just gonna be bashing it and keeping it mostly stock besides maybe a mild brushless system down the road and running on a 2s lipo, then do you think it would be the right choice for him? I mean it may never make it to the track, but is it just as durable as the Slash? Durability is my only concern.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Cokeguy

I have two Blitz's and i love them... i know racing them they push like a (insert swear word) but i threw an STRC aluminum steering rack on and it solved the problem and 2 years i have only broke hub carriers (which i switched over to STRC as well) <div>
</div><div>I know its all personal preference in the end but i have two of them (bought the 2nd originally for parts but never broke anything so now i run two of them) and i love em... </div><div>
</div><div>Steve</div>
Old 07-01-2012, 04:30 PM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: Cokeguy

I have two Blitz's and i love them... i know racing them they push like a (insert swear word) but i threw an STRC aluminum steering rack on and it solved the problem and 2 years i have only broke hub carriers (which i switched over to STRC as well) <div>
</div><div>I know its all personal preference in the end but i have two of them (bought the 2nd originally for parts but never broke anything so now i run two of them) and i love em... </div><div>
</div><div>Steve</div>
Ok, thanks. Any help is appreciated.