Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

After six months in

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 04:57 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After six months in

After six months into "the hobby", I've learned:</p>

1. I am still a nitro guy. I have no interest in electric whatsoever. Just my preference. Nitro engines are what excite me the most out "the hobby".</p>

2. I'm really disappointed in those who register for RC-related Internet forums, ask for help, receive it, and then never report back. C'mon guys, have a little more respect for people's time.</p>

3. Working on rc cars in a 120+ degree garage....well, it sucks.</p>

4. Each time I go out bashing...I seem to want to go "just a little more extreme" than the last time. At this rate I will be driving my cars off 20 ft bridges. ;-)</p>

5. I have three cars that I constantly maintain. That seems like my limit until I become more adept with things I've learned.</p>

6. The funniest thing I've read on this forum was about the douche-baginess involved in driving your car without its shell. That is so true and find it very funny!</p>

7. For better or worse, I still like to break down my engines and clean them every 20 tanks or so (I run in very dusty conditions). Sometimes they are dirty, sometimes not...but it gives me piece of mind, and more importantlyI learn something EVERY time I do it!

8. Opinions on Traxxas seems to ignite a holy war faster than nitro vs electric. My next car will be a Traxxas Jato 3.3, and I'll be proud of it. ;-)</p>

9. I STILL have yet to enter any races as much as I've wanted to. The Texas heat is keeping me away, and instead prefer bashing at 6:30 am on the weekends.</p>

10. My favorite aspect of "the hobby" is still cleaning/maintaing these wonderful machines.

11. My 11-year old son and Iare still having ablast with this hobby, and enjoy making videos for our YouTube Channel (shameless plug, I know - sorry).

12. While I am on many RC-related Internet forums, RCU is still my favorite.

<span style="color: #ff0000">History:</span>
<font color="#00265e">After two months I learned....</font>
<font color="#00265e">After three months I learned....</font>
<font color="#00265e">After four months I learned....</font>
After five months I learned...</p>
Old 07-14-2012, 05:16 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: After six months in

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

After six months into ''the hobby'', I've learned:</p>

1. I am still a nitro guy. I have no interest in electric whatsoever. Just my preference. Nitro engines are what excite me the most out ''the hobby''.</p>

2. I'm really disappointed in those who register for RC-related Internet forums, ask for help, receive it, and then never report back. C'mon guys, have a little more respect for people's time.</p>

3. Working on rc cars in a 120+ degree garage....well, it sucks.</p>

4. Each time I go out bashing...I seem to want to go ''just a little more extreme'' than the last time. At this rate I will be driving my cars off 20 ft bridges. ;-)</p>

5. I have three cars that I constantly maintain. That seems like my limit until I become more adept with things I've learned.</p>

6. The funniest thing I've read on this forum was about the douche-baginess involved in driving your car without its shell. That is so true and find it very funny!</p>

7. For better or worse, I still like to break down my engines and clean them every 20 tanks or so (I run in very dusty conditions). Sometimes they are dirty, sometimes not...but it gives me piece of mind, and more importantly I learn something EVERY time I do it!

8. Opinions on Traxxas seems to ignite a holy war faster than nitro vs electric. My next car will be a Traxxas Jato 3.3, and I'll be proud of it. ;-)</p>

9. I STILL have yet to enter any races as much as I've wanted to. The Texas heat is keeping me away, and instead prefer bashing at 6:30 am on the weekends. </p>

10. My favorite aspect of ''the hobby'' is still cleaning/maintaing these wonderful machines.

11. My 11-year old son and I are still having a blast with this hobby, and enjoy making videos for our YouTube Channel (shameless plug, I know - sorry).

12. While I am on many RC-related Internet forums, RCU is still my favorite.

<span style=''color: #ff0000''>History:</span>
http://<font color=''#00265e''>After...ned....</font>
http://<font color=''#00265e''>After...d.... </font>
http://<font color=''#00265e''>After...ned....</font>
After five months I learned...</p>
I'd recommend a Savage X, or an ofna buggy like the Jammin X1 with aluminum center braces for that
as for racing don't feel bad 3 years or so in, and I've never been to a track (they are too far, and open when I don't have time [:@])
Agree with the RCU thing I've looked around at most of them, but most the ones I saw were way too clickish its either you think like everyone else or you are an outsider that will be ridiculed till you leave(even by the mods on some) or just plain on life support they were so dead
Old 07-14-2012, 07:08 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice post. Yeah so far I've been only into electric and to tell you the truth nitros look really fun but I've gotten so far into electric (dual chargers, many lipos, etc.), that I hate to get into something different in addition, kinda feel like I'd be starting over.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:11 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont feel like that, All u need that u dont have it Fuel, and u could still keep the electrics, nothing wrong with running both
Old 07-14-2012, 07:14 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Dont feel like that, All u need that u dont have it Fuel, and u could still keep the electrics, nothing wrong with running both
Yeah don't get me wrong I will never get rid of my electrics, but it just kinda seems like starting over since I'll admit my knowledge is very limited about nitros. I am eyeing the Losi Ten-SCT nitro 4wd SCT that's coming out soon. Looks like it could be a lot of fun.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:57 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I'd recommend a Savage X, or an ofna buggy like the Jammin X1 with aluminum center braces for that
The Savage X 4.6 is definitely on my list! After I get my "need for speed" fix with the Jato 3.3, I want to go <u>brutal</u> with something like the Savage!