Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Tronic dual valve question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Tronic dual valve question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 05:29 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Tronic dual valve question

To all,

I have searched, but not found the answer t question.

One of my dual valves is leaking air from port three. I know this because when I put mu finger on port three the leaking air stops. This valve operates the main gear doors. Is there a simple fix for this? Can I just plug the port? No other value has this issue.

I just set the gear up with a jet tronic sequencer using mode three and it works perfectly except for this one issue.

Thanks for any information.

Scott
Old 08-15-2012, 05:58 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Jet Tronic dual valve question

It could be a leaking air cylinder on one of the retracts. Pinch one of the lines to the retracts and see if it stops.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 PM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with Tony, most likely a leaking cylinder, valve airflow is just the air going past the oring in the cylinder.

Paul S
Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

+1

Clamp one of the gear door air tubes and the air leak will stop. Its air travelling from one side of the cylinder to the other and out of the vent nipple.
Which make of rams?

Dw
Old 08-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Sundownee
My Feedback: (30)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Scott, check this post out, I had the same issue with the brake valve, maybe this can help.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10213889

Paul
Old 08-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Kenrico

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

I had this happen to me when i was building my boomerang sprint about a year and a half ago. after trying all the above suggestions i took the valve out of the plane and blew some air true the same exhaust port inward and to my surprise out came a very small piece of wood shaving through one of the two ports that connects to the retracts, this was a very small piece of wood (dirt) that some how got in there and was preventing the valve from sealing off completely. I remember after i got it all fixed i started thinking how it could get there, and then remembered that i had seen the same little piece of dirt on the air nipple of one the gears, and it got there from me sanding the hard wood where the gear mounts and had gotten the retracts dirty from fitting them in the mounts. The first couple of cycle was perfect until somehow that same little piece of dirt made its way through the airline up till the valve.

I would recommend you trying to blow it out backwards while cycling the valve.