Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Moki 1.80 vs Moki 2.1?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 03:10 AM
Willy RDRC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 1.80 vs Moki 2.1?

What are the differences? Which is more reliable? Does the 2.1 have much more power than the 1.8?
Old 09-08-2003, 09:07 AM
tonyc
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Moki 1.80 vs Moki 2.1?

I have both.
I have 2 of the 180's, one on an Edge 540, one on a 62" Ultimate Bipe. The 180 likes the Bambula 18/8 prop. Verticle is unlimited for both airplanes. 14 lbs on the Edge and 15 lbs on the Ultimate.

I have 2.10 on a Ultra Hots, 84 inch wing, 15 lbs. The 2.10 uses a Bambula 20/8 prop. I just bought a Moki Ultra 20/10 prop. This is the gold standard for this motor, 26 lbs of thrust at 7600 rpm.

All the Moki motors are easy starting and run great. I use Cline regulators and 0 % nitro.

I use Cline regulators because I scratch build and put my fuel tank on the CG. No worry about distance and no worry about too high or too low fuel tank.

love the Moki.

tonyc
Old 09-08-2003, 08:51 PM
RCU-Admin

got a 2.1 in a wagstaff on fai but it is dying rich & hot in the cowl. can't get any more than 7000 on a zinger 20-8. i think it needs a bettr, biger cooling hole on the side mnt eng but it would mak it ugly. got a cline w/a forward tank location & still it has a drastic change in richness when i hold it nose up. the cline won't let fuel pour back into tank so the one way function of the reg is working.oh well . time for the butcher knife i guess
ideas anyone
thanks for reading this
lew
Old 09-11-2003, 08:28 AM
tonyc

lew;
Before you cut that hole, is your Moki new?
I posted a lot of times on RCU because my Moki 2.10 was weak. 7000 on a 20/8 Zinger is weak.

For me it took about 40 flights of about 10 minutes per flight, flying rich. Then I took the motor off the airplane to sent it back for what ever fix it needed to get the RPM's up to where they should be. Before I put it in a bos I did a bench test using a Moki 20/10 and, wa-la, 7660 rpm. Thats the gold standard. So what was wrong on the plane? By the way I do use a Cline regulator. I had a small crack in the fuel tubbing. The tank was still pressurized but not to the same level as it should have been.

I have two of the 180's fully cowled and there is no overheating problem.

Your 2.10 may just need some more run in time. I would fly without the cowl for a few flights and see if you can get the Moki closer to 8000 on the 20/8 prop. Once the rpm is right the motor should be fine in the cowl.
tonyc