Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Sport Flying
Reload this Page >

HELP !! Bucker Jungmeiater Mfgr ID

Community
Search
Notices
Sport Flying This forum is for those that like to fly just for the enjoyment of flying, and all the airplanes that help them. Discuss here the joys of flying and the airplanes that help you enjoy it.

HELP !! Bucker Jungmeiater Mfgr ID

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:39 PM
deanz406
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP !! Bucker Jungmeiater Mfgr ID

Hi I need some help to identify the manufacturer of this Bucker bipe. I just picked it up at a swap meet, and the fellow didn't know anything about it. It definitely looks like an ARF, or maybe ARC kitted. A friend mentioned Carl Goldberg, so I didn't know if Goldberg ever made an ARF. I would think that with the type of construction, and the laser cut wood, it's ARF. I really don't know if Goldberg made anything other than the full stick type construction kits.
This plane was wrecked, and was glow powered, but also could have been electric powered. Looks like it may have had optional glow, or electric motor boxes. I am also going to post this query in the electric airplane section also.
I need to get some repair parts, ie, landing gear, firewall mount, cowl, etc. Can anyone tell me, or knows if it is one of the Chinese ARF'S, and who retailed them.
Thanks for any help, or suggestions,, and if anyone has one and wants to get rid of it, let me know. Dean
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80830.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	1862081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18819.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1862082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13532.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	1862083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp40330.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	1862084   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa35170.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	1862085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hy35574.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	1862086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hj88195.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	1862087  
Old 03-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Fredde1997

Default RE: HELP !! Bucker Jungmeiater Mfgr ID

Its looks like a Carl goldberg model
Old 03-15-2013, 04:02 PM
deanz406

Hi Fredde, and thanks for the info. As I mentioned, i never knew Goldberg to make an ARF Do u know anything about who they were kitted and sold by ?? I can't find any information on it, so it may be an older model, that is no longer produced. I'll have to do some digging to find a suitable cowl, and configure my own motor mount assy, but I'll need a cowl 1st. I can fab up a set of aluminum landing gear for that part of it. Many Thanks Dean
Old 03-16-2013, 03:58 AM
turbo.gst
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like the Texas R/C Planes version from about 5 years ago. It came with a painted fiberglass cowl. They offered them in a yellow /with blue trim or a white / with blue trim version. Flyboy Models offered the yellow / blue version here on RCU about the same time. They are both made by the same Chinese ARF manufacturer. They were based on the Jim Moser version of the Bucker Supermann as made so popular by the larger Goldberg version. There was even a few RCU threads about them. Contact them to see if they have parts support.

Texas R/C Planes and BP Hobbies currently offer an inline version and open cockpit version ( same size) .
Old 03-16-2013, 11:03 PM
deanz406

Turbo.gst Thank you for the info. I'll check with Texas RC planes, and see if they have anything available. I haven't  heard of BP models, but will also check with them. The plane was setup for nitro, so I think I'll stay with that, and would think a .40 size 2 stroke should power it fine. I haven't weighed it yet, but if it's fairly light, maybe a stout .25 would be adequate. Thanks again for all the help Dean
Old 03-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

It's not Goldberg, I go with Texas Rc models also
Old 03-20-2013, 05:15 PM
deanz406

Hi Steve Thanks for the info. I still have not found anything about Goldberg having an ARF, because this is definitely an ARF. I did go to Fiberglass Specialties about a cowl, and they do list one for a Goldberg Bucker model, but it didn't specify what size plane. I'll probably have to take some pics, and measurements, and send those along to Fiberglass Specialties, and see if they recognize the plane, and if their cowl will work. I still have to get in contact with texas Models. Many Thanks again Dean