Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RS4 3 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 11:29 PM
FreshFish
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 3 RTR

ok what would be the best hop ups to get to try to race at my local track? It has the .15 FE i really want to race but im on a tight buget.[:-]
Old 09-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Rex2342

Default RE: RS4 3 RTR

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/OFFI..._868864/tm.htm

This thread covers just about everything you need to know about this car!!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:55 PM
FreshFish

Rex2342 so is the car worth suppin it up to race at the track and should i leave the pull start or put i think its called a bump start but it takes the box to start it? please help
Old 09-18-2003, 12:08 AM
Rex2342

If you really want to race I don't think its worth the cash to get it up to speed but for bashing it's unbeatable.This is one tuff car for bashing but it lacks the design to be a competitive race car out of the box and it cost to much money to make it competitive.I wouldn't trade mine for anything but I don't race and I don't even have a track to race on so I just have fun in the parking lots with it.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:34 AM
WhiskyVR-4

Fish, to be honest, the pull-starter isn't going to matter much. Yes, there are some minor power losses, but if you can find a class to run in with that .15, just leave the engine alone. For the RS4-3, I would reccommend that the first thing you do is upgrade the brakes to a metal disk, or at minimum the HPI fiber disk. Aslo look into a better pipe (read the posts, there are some strong opinions about the various ones) and a better air filter (I like the motor savers). If your track has a long straight you might look into a 2-speed tranny, and I would also look into a better steering servo.

Thats should be enough to get you running, and does not all have to be done at once, start with the brake disk, and get your car on the track and practice as much as possible.

Contrary to what people say, the RS4-3 can definitely be competitive in the hands of a good driver, and the most tricked-out Mugen will finish dead-last if the driver lacks skill. Racing, except at the highest levels, is always 80% driver and 20% car and setup. If you can learn to race, you will know where the car is lacking, and the hop-ups you need will be obvious to you.

The only way to win is to practice practice practice.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:39 PM
FreshFish

cool man thanks for the info
Old 09-19-2003, 07:26 AM
r2drift2

hey guys. i have a nrs4 3ss and its a pretty swell race car. i race mine on a local track and it handles well with the other cars. i slapped on a os cvrx .12 and some foam tires. tweaked the suspension and it got 2nd place. so its a pretty cool car. [sm=biggrin.gif]