Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Improving shock performance?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 12:59 PM
Mid_KnightFD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Improving shock performance?

What would you say improves shock performance most. Changing different springs or changing different weights in shock oil. I would think that the oil wt. would have more of an effect on the landing of jumps more so than springs.

Am I right, or am I wrong? The oil effects the dampening, so the heavier wt oil would cushion the landing more so. In other words not let the car bottom out as bad.
The spring rate affects how fast the shock returns back to its position after its been compressed, correct? I know that the spring rate also has a little affect on the dampening also but its more so the oil's job, correct?

I ask this because I am trying to learn more about set up for my car in the future. Any feed back would be great. Thanx

Also if anyone knows how the different shock angles affects the car would be great.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:16 PM
bluefluffybunny1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Improving shock performance?

The thicker the shock oil and the less holes open in the damper piston (some shocks can be adjusted this way) the more damping. The springs affect the actual stiffness of the suspension and the dampers affect how quickly the suspension moves (more or less).

You are best getting advice from some racers out there but the attached thread has some good general information on suspension set up:

http://www.teamassociated.com/basics...dbook_susp.htm