Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nitro MT

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 08:48 PM
HIMHEARTOGRAM1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro MT

I cant get my nitro mt to start up i got it from someone and i just received it but it wont start i dont own any nitros so i dont know jack about them and i was just wondering what i could do to make it run. thanks
Old 09-19-2003, 09:30 PM
MGB777

Default RE: Nitro MT

Old 09-19-2003, 09:31 PM
MadTripper

I don't suppose you want to give any more detail do you?
Old 09-19-2003, 09:52 PM
MGB777

HIMHEARTOGRAM1,

Sorry, take two on my reply; First I would make sure that the glow plug and glow igniter are in good condition. Remove the plug and attach it to the igniter (battery) it should only take a second to turn cherry red. If it doesn't, recharge or replace the battery. If it still does not light-up replace the glow plug. Second ensure that the fuel, and fuel line are good. If your fuel is more than six months old or if it has a lot of condensation present inside the container, I would suggest replacing it. I also have a Nitro MT and run Wildcat Elimator fuel that contains 20%-Nitro with 14% Oil, any brand of similar qualities should work fine. Third make sure everything is tightened down and not loose, for instance the carb should not move around, if it does this could cause an air leak. Finally ensure that the radio & carb settings are adjusted for idle, if the barrel is open too much it will cause the engine to flood, if not enough the engine will not get enough fuel to fire and/or stay running. After you have checked everything you should have no problems getting it to fire up, if it still will not start or run then the engine may have severe damage and may have to be rebuilt or even replaced. I hope this info helps, good luck and let us know how you make out.

Matt
Old 09-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Blankstare

There sould be a little thing connected to a string near the engine, you pull it and it starts up, its called a pull start
Old 09-20-2003, 08:36 AM
HIMHEARTOGRAM1

im not stupid i know that but thanks MGB777