Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Noob- TT01E first car owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 02:47 PM
JTGEDORPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob- TT01E first car owner

thought i would intro myself, first RC car i have ever owned. my kids got a few beater's from toys r us to learn how to drive. so i thought i would do the same. i grabbed a nissan r390 shell on a TT01E frame. i know everyone acknowledges they are the not best for anything besides learning, and i am cool with that. i have every intention of hopping it up, just to have fun. there is no set budget, ill pretty much to everything just to do it. ill learn as i go along, i am in a skilled trade so mechanically i lam very sound. im still learning all the terminology, and i hope along the way to learn more from everyone here. i know i am going to screw up and everyone is going to correct me some how some way. i was into turbo cars/supercharged truck so aftermarket parts i know can be fun. cant have fun with the big toys now that my kids are getting older and i want to have fun with them. and why now with rc cars. my girls and i have every intention to go to local events to learn and interact with other local people and vendors. my oldest daughter is taking this beyond just everyday fun. she took it upon herself to build a course and learn how to maneuver it. so already she is enjoying it. depending on how responsible my daughters are will vary the timeline we all move into different cars/chassis. we do know we will move into more competative/capable chassis in the future.

already searched for trustworth LHS when the time comes for first hand advice. the TT01 thread is a great information tool,i have used the search tool to read up some different set ups, all which owners had a budget attached to it. with me really having no dollar figure budget what can i be looking for to get excited. im not looking to go crazy fast (60+) but if it goes along with the build so be it. i dont want the car to be one dimentional, but well balanced. handling is as we all know, a absolute must. durability/least amount of breakage would be ideal, but if it does i look at it as a learning tool.

all in all, i am at terms that the TT01e is not meant for anything besides learning and having fun foundation for cars beyond that. i appreciate any opinions/feedback/bashing all positive or negative its all apart of my learning curve. throw my hop up "xmas" list with no set/realistic budget.

tyvm
jimmy<br type="_moz" />