Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

initial nitro run - nitro newbie

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 09:31 PM
fastfred
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default initial nitro run - nitro newbie

Hello all,

Just getting ready to make a go at my first run with a used GS Storm. I'm new to nitro and am wondering about the basics...

I bought an IR temp gauge so what temps should I be looking for, and at what point during the run?

fF
Old 09-14-2003, 09:43 PM
gHeTTo_SaVaGe

Default RE: initial nitro run - nitro newbie

first of all make sure you follow the break in procedure which the temps shouldnt go near 230. After break-in engine temp should be around 240-270(just dont go near or over 300)
Old 09-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Aterlatus

Try to find a manual online for your engine if you don't already have one - that's the easiest way to find out

Until you can get a firm figure (maybe someone else out there has a manual to hand?) I'd prolly try and keep it below 220, just for safety's sake
Old 09-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Aterlatus

ghetto_savage: He said it was used - the engine should already be broken in
Old 09-21-2003, 06:58 PM
fastfred
My Feedback: (4)

Had a blast!

Went out to a local offroad track called the Barnyard. Cleared a 3x jump with plenty of room to spare - just ran out of track...

Can anyone give me some guidance on temperatures, how to raise/lower? I know by adjusting the carb, but which way to turn the screw to make engine run rich vs. lean?

Had a blast. Am upgrading the steering servo to a JR high-speed Digital (98oz torque) as the RTR servo was a bit weak. I also replaced the AA receiver battery with a NiMH pack, which should last longer, and not trip the Failsafe so quickly.

fun...
Old 09-22-2003, 02:42 AM
Aterlatus

It's the screw sticking upwards out of the carb you want to adjust. Tightening it (clockwise) will lean out the mix, loosening it (anticlockwise) will richen the mix.

Hope this helps