Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Help with Nitro Car...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 10:29 AM
mistahRay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Nitro Car...

Hello All,
Hope I am in the right forum for this. I have an Old Duratrax StreetForce GP2 - I recently took it out of storage and wanted to play with it. Did some tires changes and such, and repalced some broken parts. The issue is that when i press on the gas the engine sounds like its working but its not moving like it use too when i press on the trigger. Any ideas on how to fix it? I am not very technical so anything that can be offered in a 'noob' way would be appreciated.

Here is a video of what happens: youtu.be/G5eQe52iIk8

Thanks,
Ray
Old 07-21-2013, 11:19 AM
OvalRacer99

Default RE: Help with Nitro Car...

Take a look at your clutch bell and shoes, sounds like they're not engaging fully!!
Remember, it takes more force to move the whole car than it does to move just the drive train with no load!!

Old 07-21-2013, 06:00 PM
mistahRay

http://www.nanoraid.com/exHosted/Gp2back.jpg<div>Htttp://www.nanoraid.com/exHosted/Gp2back2.jpg</div><div>
</div><div>Hey thanks for the response , I don't really know what to do or what to.check.... I assume your taking about something in the pictures above. ...?<div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
</span></div><div><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
</span><div>
</div><div>
</div></div></div>
Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 PM
OvalRacer99

Here's the manual in PDF format. Go to page 19, shows exploded view of motor and clutch.

Part 33 is the clutch shoes
Part 36 is the clutch bell

http://manuals.hobbico.com/dtx/dtxd52-manual.pdf

P.S. Yes, it is in the pic, it's the black round part with the 2 smaller gears on it, that is the clutch bell and the shoes are in side that attached to the flywheel, the silver part between the clutch and the motor!!

Good luck man!!!