Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

TT-01 info?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 11:56 AM
MrShinyPig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT-01 info?

so basically i bought a Tamiya BMW schnitzer m3 evo tt 01, and the tamiya website have no info on this as to what batteries are good for it, its top speed, anything like that, so do any of you have one or know about this? this is my first on road, as i currently have a hpi wr8 flux 1/8, what would you recommend for this car, like the tires, battery, and remote?[h=3][/h]
Old 08-07-2013, 01:49 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends what you are trying to do
If just screw around the stock tires are fine (what I got on my TT01e)

As for batteries you want lipo? if so then these will fit Turnigy 5000mAh 2S1P 20C hardcase pack (ROAR APPROVED) (USA Warehouse) or get one with the same kinda layout for the wires, and size. Only thing is you have to replace the battery hold downs screw with one that is longer.

If you are using the stock ESC... You will need a UBEC you can pick up a 3A UBEC off quite a few hobby sites for $7-10, and if using lipo you need a Lipo LVA (Low Voltage Alarm) which will ring(more like a shrill whine that gives you a headache) when the cells hit 3.2volts or so.

Or you could go brushless (what I did) and get a Hobbywing 35A 9t BL combo, and skip the BEC, and LVA

As for radio if you want budget there is the FlySky GT2 you can find it anywhere from $15-$22 Hobby King GT-2 2.4Ghz 2Ch Tx & Rx (USA Warehouse) I own one, and can't say its ever glitched or let me down(and I use it in a RC that costs like 4X the price of a TT01e )

Top speed with that setup no idea prolly over the 40mph range(mines flown off the street before)
Top speed with the brushed setup I think is like 20-24mph
Old 08-07-2013, 01:57 PM
MrShinyPig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all that , i dont want to spend alot of money on it as my wr8 flux is the one i go to for speed, this is just a mess about one as its my first on road 1/10 and i just wanted to try them out and see what there like, if this one turns out to be ok im planning on buying a hpi sprint 2 drift
Old 08-07-2013, 05:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ahh ok the $15 radio get a Exceed RC UBEC-3A (2-6S Lipo Input) I use that one on a Tamiya with the ESC from a TT01
Disconnect the red wire on the servo plug from the ESC that goes to the receiver, and plug that UBEC into the other wire coming out of the ESC. If you don't you WILL fry the reciever as the ESC in the TT01 outputs full battery power into the radio Sad thing is I think this is the ONLY ESC Tamiya makes that does this....

Throw in a cheap servo (think I use a Futaba S004 or something I had laying around) and you would be good to go
should be able to get it running for around $30, and it will be 2.4ghz(not counting battery)

Like I said if using the lipo I linked order a $4 LVA of ebay (type lipo LVA) they should be about $4 shipped. Otherwise if NiMh you can ignore that.

Wow so not used to the new forum software auto linking page titles into the message...