Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 07:02 PM
EJOE12345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New

Hello everyone I just joined today and I wanted to ask you guys about the RadioShack hummer mattracks h2 car I have it I got it for chrismas like 5? Years ago I used it in the snow but one day it didn't work so I kept it in the shed for years and one day me and my friend pulled it out (long story) and it worked it's a great car but what do you think and I want a new one I usually get them from RadioShack and I don't get those little cheap ones that break the next day lol I want one with a real battery as in a heavy duty one and a real engine or whatever it's called that's in the one I have any suggestions oh and I saw one at radio shack I wanted to take a look at it but the lady said no I don't remember what it was called
Old 08-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Zonked
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello EJoe,

Well if you are wanting a RC car that you can enjoy for many years and upgrade as you see fit would stay away from Radio Shack . Look up your local hobbytown or if you are fortunate enough to have a local hobby shop go in there and check stuff out. If not Tower Hobbies is a great place start.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Sixtysixdeuce

What Zonked said. Radio Shack sells toys, not hobby grade RC kits.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:47 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Radio Shack used to in the 90s and 80s. For the OP, a Duratrax Evader is his best bet; http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXAAMW**&P=ML
Old 08-17-2013, 05:01 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahh so ur after another big 1/6 scale hummer with tracks rather than wheels?

like this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rc-Hummer-h2...51283269412%26

ive had one very similar but with wheels. I fitted a hobby grade servo, speed controller and battery and it was easy twice as fast....but....
One little crash cracked open the the front bulkhead and 1/2 the diff carrier and wheel were ripped off... Complete write off.
Some day I plan to fit the body to a true hobby grade RC car