Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Best short course or buggy for bashing?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Best short course or buggy for bashing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Cool_cris27

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best short course or buggy for bashing?

I'm looking for a nitro 1/10 scale off raod short course or buggy that is RTR (ready to run) for under 200$ that's good for just bashing in the dirt and ramps and if course speed. Can you guys help me out?
Old 08-17-2013, 03:17 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For 200, unless you get a crap RC, Nitro isn't possible. The Duratrax Evader is your best bet;
RC; http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXAAMW**&P=ML
Charger; http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWTD9&P=M
Battery (x2 if you'd like); http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHUJ9&P=7
Old 08-17-2013, 03:20 PM
1320Fastback

For a RTR your not going to get one at that price new... Used???
Old 08-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Cool_cris27

That's the point I'm looking for a crap rc I'm going to do like a test and I want to get the best nitro short course or buggy under 200$ RTR crap or not
Old 08-17-2013, 03:56 PM
On2_n_On4

people are trying to help you but you wont listen. >> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...get-200-a.html
if you want crap... buy an exceed and we will see you back in a few weeks asking for more help.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:03 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ah, with electrics you can buy nice RTRs for $200
thunder tiger phoenix XT. Its RTR for $200 (tower hobbies)
It is a rebranded team associated T3, but comes with a 2.4ghz radio and a brushless system.
I had the buggy version (just sold on ebay)
Aside from some minor issues out of the box (slipper clutch was loose and steering trim was way off) it is great. Plenty tough, plenty quick. Gear it up some, and with a 2s lipo it will do close to 40mph and pull wheelies.
Any T3 upgrades will work as well. Parts are cheap, and its pretty durable. It can handle well and can be raced, or just bashed.

I also like the redcat volcano and tornado pro models. about $200 RTR (battery also) and they are quick! Some will say all redcats are junk, I disagree when it comes to their brushless models.

Either way, there are some good RTR electric models out there. If brushless isn't a must, the ECX torment is a great short course truck that is $150 RTR on ebay. That leaves some cash for a extra (and longer runtime) battery. This truck you could upgrade to brushless latter on if you wanted to.

I don't consider the RTR redcat nitros to be crap. they can run well. but too many newbs buy them, don't know how to treat them and then blame the brand for their issues. They are not as well built as a $400 truck (duh) but can be a lot of fun to drive. The SH motors are decent and if treated right they can last awhile. And at least with redcat you get good customer service. But I much prefer their RTR electrics over their nitros.

Last edited by nitrosportsandrunner; 08-17-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:16 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want a r34 GTR for under 10k... I might be able to get a Chinese clone based of a model t ford for that with a old mope head motor...

Same with RC cars, all u will most likely is get a cheap Chinese clone of a vintage chassis with a very dodgy motor... U could problary just spend the whole $200 on a decent engine...

Like the other guys sugested that budget might be better suited for buying a electric car
Old 08-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Sixtysixdeuce

If you want a decent 1/10 nitro for $200, you should cruise eBay for a good used roller for ~$100, then take the other $100 and buy a new engine, such as an Associated or HPI .18. You could probably score a good used RTR within your budget, too, but my experience has been hit and miss on the motors; I just plan to replace them. But this spring I did nab a blue chassis RC10GT for $103 shipped on eBay, all it needed was a $25 pull start & one-way bearing and it was good to go. I also just rebuilt a black tub RC10GT for under $200 with a brand new HPI .18, but I had a number of the parts I need on hand already; it would have been well over your budget if I'd had to buy everything.

The SH motors are decent and if treated right they can last awhile.
Durability is OK, but output sucks. Most direct comparison I could do was with an HSP Starpace, which had the SH .07 Vertigo engine. The smaller Picco P-Zero .06 seems to make about twice the power and rap a good 10K higher (or more).
Old 08-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thread will do thanks.