Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

iGyro - Surface deflection when standing still

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

iGyro - Surface deflection when standing still

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Gonzalo38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default iGyro - Surface deflection when standing still

Ha anybody seen problems with control surfaces moving when the airplane is standing still and there's no input from the radio ?

In two (2) of my planes equipped with iGyro I've seen my elevator moving up when the planes have been standing. Actually, the first time that this happened I didn't notices and I almost lost my plane during take off because the plane took off too soon and I almost stalled. After landing I noticed that with no input from the radio, the elevator would go up. When moving the elevator stick, the elevator would center but it would start moving again.

I have zeroed the iGyro but the problem starts again soon after.

Any ideas of what could be happening ?

In page 23 of the manual they say to ZERO the iGyro if this happens, but they don't explain why it happens. For sure I can zero it every time it happens, but its annoying to be pending on when it's going to happen.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If when you fly the model and you move the elevator trim and you have heading hold active, you must zero the gyro. The should be no mixes to the elevator. I don't use heading hold when taking off or landing just incase the gyro should drift from center point.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:56 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Isn't one of the big advantages of the igyro on take off and landing? I'm putting it in a comp arf corsair. I'm looking forward to it helping counter act the torque of the big moki.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

Yes

I saw this when I had may ailerons on heading hold. It was Zeroed. Powered on and one aileron slowly moved up while the other did not. I do not have any time on this gyro yet to know exactly why it would have done that.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Gonzalo38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys for the responses.

This has happened without touching the trim of the plane so zeroing shouldn't be necessary. No mixes either. Actually, on of the planes (Comp Arf Tutor) was set by the owner of Powerbox and the Powerbox demo pilot so setting should be OK.

All of this has happen with no heading hold on.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:19 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Gonzalo, this happens all times you turn the rx and tx on? And does the elevator drifts at the same speed and direction when you activate the heading hold mode?
Old 09-26-2013, 03:36 PM
leopaul

This is normal, you should not turn the heading mode on the ground....a light movement of the plane will made the servo goind to their end travel.