Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

TA06/ TA06 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 04:34 AM
R32GolfTA06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TA06/ TA06 Pro

I thought I might start off a thread purely for TA06 lovers..so we could compare and contract set ups, mods and body styling and have general chit chat related..

I havent my car ready to show off yet but once I do I will happily put some pics up etc.. but feel free for anyone to kick this thread off on my behalf and I will follow with mine in the next week or so

Cheers :-)
Old 11-04-2013, 11:38 PM
R32GolfTA06

Does no one have anything interesting to chat about... new products? set up?, handling? new bodies available?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:32 AM
ToraKitsu

I have but one recommendation - to forego the F1 style IFS set-up, and stay with upright shock towers. The IFS, though cool-looking, is harder to get right for grip racing, than an upright shock set-up. All of Tamiya's color coded springs have a "mushier" feel with the IFS, than the upright positions.

It's a personal preference thing, I suppose, but I'm still a proponent of the upright shock set-up, having done the IFS thing, and found getting suspension settings right takes an awful lot longer to get where I want it, than with a standard upright shock/shock tower set-up.

Most accomplished drifters prefer the upright shock set-up, also, though I doubt it makes that much difference with drift, but the shocks ARE easier to set-up that way, which is why I think it's popular.

Other than that, the TA06, even in stock form, is a great handling chassis, and a design that is hands down, one of my favorites. Having the heaviest component (battery) straight down the middle with a mid-motor placement really works for this type chassis. I also have a Losi JRXS Type "R," which is of the same basic design (actually, the JRXS-R came first - it was discontinued about the same time the TA06 was first released), and grip raced it, as well as drifted it (it's a full-on drifter, now), and it's still my favorite, even above my first-edition run TA05 VDF, which IS a dedicated drift chassis!
Balance just seems perfect with these central, in-line battery, mid-motor chassis. I won't ever give up my TA06 and JRXS-R!