Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First Ever Fuel Flow Sensor MFlow T ex by Jeti

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First Ever Fuel Flow Sensor MFlow T ex by Jeti

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by rcjets_63
I found that the voice was a bit hard to hear when the flight-line was busy so I'll be using an earphone. Most of the time I have the telemetry voice output turned off though the alarms are still on.

However by activating the "Auto-Judge" feature (available on firmware revision 4.1.14), when ever the GPS telemetry indicates the maneuver was at least an 9.5 out of 10 the earplugs are bypassed and a wav file is played over the speaker saying "Awesome maneuver, way to fly!" This is useful to let your buddies know just how great a job you are doing.

Regards,

Jim

P.S.: Just kidding (if you hadn't figured that out from the firmware revision/date)
Even better is the mode wherein the Auto-Judge, upon detecting a less than perfect landing, announces "Wind-shear, good save! Wind shear, good save!"
Old 11-26-2013, 08:52 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (5)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

LOL, fantastic upgrade. That belongs in Menu -> Advanced Properties -> Really Advanced Properties.

Looks like I've got me a new wav file to make.

Regards,

Jim
Old 11-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Walo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to the flow sensor: I tested a "virtual fuel flow sensor" which is a variable timer attached to my Transmitter. It worked perfect, made over 50 flights with my Ultra Flash and i'm able to land with a constant rest fuel Independent of my actual flying style.
Unfortunately till now only Frsky has a variable timer built in their software. But their is hope, that others will follow.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...ble-timer.html

Regards, Walter
Old 11-27-2013, 03:23 PM
dvcam99

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes for Jeti / JetCat telemetry application there is a ECU data converter available from CB Elektronics. They call it JJXC.

http://www.cb-elektronics.de/Index%20english.html

BR

Dirk
Old 11-29-2013, 04:14 AM
rossi63

Fuel Watch: http://www.acteurope.de/html/fuel_watch.html
Old 11-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Walo

Between 270 and 330 Euros!
I prefer a cheaper solution with a variable timer or ECU Telemetry.

Regards, Walter
Old 12-09-2013, 05:19 AM
Jedei120

Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
how much time do you spend looking at your tx while flying? what is the point of knowing how much fuel you are using just before it hits the ground because you were looking at useless info
Get you a JETI and you will find out what "real" telemetry and audible alarms are all about. You don't have to look down at a damn thing. Assign your audible alarms to a momentary switch or accelerometer (transmitter tilting) and you can get them called out to you anytime you wish! In a bedroom voice if you prefer! Get away from the JR's and Foootaaaba's if you want something new and exciting!