Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Skylark with upgraded drive shaft problem

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Skylark with upgraded drive shaft problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:12 PM
flytech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skylark with upgraded drive shaft problem

I have spent a lot of money on this Skylark Helicopter at Hel-hobby .com. I Bought what was supposed to be a exact replacement main drive shaft upgrade, which is titanium. The only problem, is that it is not made to fit the notched gear and main rotor head the skylark has. I tried to carefully drill them out, but it must be perfect or it vibrates, which it does. I also bought the aluminum swash plate, and some other upgrades. Any suggestions? I did e mail heli-hobby, but have not received an answer.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:28 AM
Linsner7

Default RE: Skylark with upgraded drive shaft problem

[8D] Helihobby would only tell you that it will not work. If you bought the Piccolo shaft for the Sky Lawk. I learned this the same way as you. Money,money and more money. I went back to the carbon shaft and I had to replace the parts I modified. The one thing I did learn is to just get the Piccolo and leave the Sky Lark as a memorie. Good luck with it if you can get it to work You might want to check this place out for Sky Lark replacements. They are no good with phone communication but you'll get your parts.Price is pretty inexpensive as well.
http://www.raidentech.com/
Old 09-30-2003, 11:46 AM
OmegaDot

I still have the OEM shaft in my lark, but I'm curious about the "upgrades".

Why did you opt to drill out the "D" shaped holes in the rotor head and gear, rather than file flats on the titanium shaft? Unless you can put the plastic parts in a lathe and bore them, I would predict that you would end up with an off center hole, because the material to be removed by the drill is not the same all around.

Other than the lack of flats, were the shafts identical (same length and same 1mm cross holes at correct distance from ends)? What was the part number you ordered?

Thanks
Old 09-30-2003, 08:41 PM
flytech

I thought grinding down the shaft edge would be difficult. The replacement "upgrade" was HH 170, which is advertised as a upgrade for the Skylark, but will not fit. It is the exact length and diameter. The company has no apologies, and just tells me if i have not opened the part, I can return it, or buy a piccolo!