Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Supercharged,Intercooled HPI...HOLY *****!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Supercharged,Intercooled HPI...HOLY *****!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 03:26 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supercharged,Intercooled HPI...HOLY *****!!

no problem..I'm gonna look at getting one when they finish it,looks really well built and designed.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:56 AM
canadianjosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you can see all this work is done on a toyota supra, along with the fake 4 piston brembos i bet you all that tubing just adds weight. In fact i know it does, due to the fact that he has a tube running from the exhuast to the intake means that the blow off is essentially always open, now, this means there will be very little boost pressure to spin the TURBO, this is not a supercharger, couple that with the fact that the turbo unit does not appear to be able to withstand rel turbo rpm's ie well above 75,000rpm, i don;t see any bearings, and if there are soem how are they oiled, and how is that oil cooled? finally add that to about 12" of 1/4" tubing and you now have a huge restriction that just wiped out any power gain.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:48 AM
drf

I just had a crazy idea. You know that when you have a 1:1 car with NOS, when you hit the magic button it goes berzerk.

So what I was thinking. You make a small turbo for your RC car. You dont mess with the exaust and leave it as t is. You make a small system that will spin the turbo using a compressed CO2 thing (like the ones that are used in small guns that fire small lead amunition-I always forget that word)
You put a third channel and activate the magic button like NOS.
The C)2 thing has a LOT of pressure so the turbo should spin really fast. It should give quite a lot of pressure in the combustion chamber and you should see a big increase in power even if it will be a couple of seconds.

Comments???????
Old 09-04-2003, 12:37 PM
r2drift2

hey guys, about those pictures in the hpi site. their actually just for show. it doesn't work, except for the lights. the first time i saw it was really suprised to but if you go to the hpi site and enter thier forums section. one of the hpi admin. says that its all a hoax.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:08 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

who cares if it works or not it look damn sweet and is a fine idea

as is the CO2 turbo idea, and those front discs

Sweet as and very tricky

but fortunately nothing beets cubic inches

thats why Hemi chargers are classic
Old 09-04-2003, 02:00 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is that a hoax?He isn't selling it,he never claimed it worked,and that took alot of effort.Its a photo man...calm down.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:23 AM
dodgy Guy who luvs rc

Default RE: Supercharged,Intercooled HPI...HOLY *****!!

I havent got a camera or id show a pick but i got a small 12 volt air fan took out the motor ans put in a shaft and coneccted to my secont gear in line with a large air fileter a tube connecting it to the carb
becouse its not connnect to a clutch or any thiny it spins heaps faster the just being connected the flywheel my car has massive accelration no im veryy happy withit
Old 10-01-2003, 12:27 AM
dodgy Guy who luvs rc

Default RE: Supercharged,Intercooled HPI...HOLY *****!!

i would reccomend it to anyone inventive icost me a total of $30 Aus im not shure wat thatis us bet its cheap for the performance upgrade its worth it