Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

my first crash tody after 1 1/2 years

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

my first crash tody after 1 1/2 years

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 10:39 PM
hoverking-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first crash tody after 1 1/2 years

well in the last year and a half ive been lucky ive never crashed, well it started today when i was trying to set the carb on my rappy 60 when after the 2nd tank about 5 ft in the air my muffler fell off wow ive never had a problem so i lossed alittle power kinda a bump landing so i put it away and said im fired up and want to fly so i grabbed the eco 8 7 minutes into a flight doing fast hard figure 8s i said to a few that were watching i better start to bring it in get low on battery, well right then it rolled right and went straight to the ground boom carfull inspection found that a swash ball link let go looks like a side frame feathering shaft and a new ball link

guess what no boom or no blades needed i was like wow!

but still bummed
Old 09-30-2003, 04:24 PM
drivercrazy23

Default RE: my first crash tody after 1 1/2 years

that sucks, I want to get in to flying helicopters, been flying planes and racing cars for years, want to take it up. Im going to start on the eco and was wondering since you have this heli and you seem to like it. if you could give me some info on if its a good heli to start with or what, and how to set it up from the factory.

THanks
Old 10-01-2003, 12:53 AM
warlock1174
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: my first crash tody after 1 1/2 years

Be sure to check that main shaft, and your tailrotor drive axle.... Little mishaps like that seem damage-free until you go to fly again. It takes a couple of minutes to check, but it might save you from some aggravation...