Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Old & Vintage Parts - a list of websites

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Old & Vintage Parts - a list of websites

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 03:06 PM
turas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old & Vintage Parts - a list of websites

Hi everyone,

I have spent the last few weeks looking for parts which are classed as not available anymore and after many long hours, I finally found a website that has a lot of parts that have been discontinued by the manufacturers.
I have a few cars stored in my attic and decided to get them back up and running but sadly they are all from 1999-2004, yes its that long since I bought one but were decent brands HPI, CEN and Kyosho but all had parts broken or missing from being bashed around in the attic.

To cut the story short I finally found a website called www.rebeltoyz.com with lots of parts at amazing prices but more importantly parts that are impossible to find, so I decided to start a new tread so we can make a list of websites that ship worldwide and have parts and accessories that we need.

1/ www.rebeltoyz.com
Old 02-10-2014, 03:47 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know it doesn't look very good to me.I cant find a single rare part?
Old 02-10-2014, 05:26 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow 3 almost identical posts in 3 different forums this so doesn't smell like a spammer...

Side note can't even get the site to load
Old 02-11-2014, 02:08 PM
turas

You try to spread word about a site you find and you are then classed as a spammer, well it takes a small brain!!!!!

yep site took about 1-2 minutes to load but when I was in it, it was fine - I have patience (something Syco-venom you must lack), whats 2 minutes when you get the part you need to get your car up and running!!!!!!!

@phmaximus - if a part is discontinued then to me it is old or vintage, and more than likely it will be rare. I needed HPI part A230, as chassis was broken - could not get it anywhere but was lucky enough to find it there, now I can run my car again.

So you can make what comments you both like, but I was more concerned in letting other car owners know that there are places to get those discontinued parts and if they wanted to add a few other wensites to the list of other shops where we can get those parts.........

Old 02-11-2014, 02:39 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol...

Check out this guy.... Only 4 posts and so far he as already insulted people...

U can can say we all have a small brain, but the truth is...

1) In your own words it's taken u a few weeks to find a part it takes us 10 seconds to find
2) u don't seem to understand how people interpret ur first post as spam
3) u are rude and obnoxious and have no respect for RCU members
4) u seem to think 2min is a acceptable we page loading time FIY it keeps on coming up with server errors... But let me guess u think that's my fails right..
5) and u have reccomend a completely useless web page... I'm not going to even bother explaining this... I feel its just so obvious even Internet trolls should not need it explained
Old 02-11-2014, 03:32 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by turas
You try to spread word about a site you find and you are then classed as a spammer, well it takes a small brain!!!!!

yep site took about 1-2 minutes to load but when I was in it, it was fine - I have patience (something Syco-venom you must lack), whats 2 minutes when you get the part you need to get your car up and running!!!!!!!

@phmaximus - if a part is discontinued then to me it is old or vintage, and more than likely it will be rare. I needed HPI part A230, as chassis was broken - could not get it anywhere but was lucky enough to find it there, now I can run my car again.

So you can make what comments you both like, but I was more concerned in letting other car owners know that there are places to get those discontinued parts and if they wanted to add a few other wensites to the list of other shops where we can get those parts.........

2 mins?
IT NEVER LOADED it timed out after 4 minsutes why in the hell would I wait 4 mins to go to some dodgy site(and yes I classify a site dodgy that is spammed in a forum, and doesn't work) when I could type in EBAY.COM and the rare part I need and 90% of the time get 10 results if it doesn't get any I just retry every day or so as I have had to do in the past(or look for another RC which is usually easier/cheaper to find, and strip it)

I have greater patience then a lot of people, but I'm not going to bother with a site that takes so long to load it might as well be on a dial up modem as I doubt it has many visitors.

As for why classified as spam we get so many people making accounts then typing in some website in a similar format as you to never come back, and say another word. That is called spamming. Now if I do it then its a tad different as I'm a regular here, and it shows from my post history I'm not an employee of any site.

Side note I've found 5 places that sell the A230 so its not that rare
Old 02-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Barracuz

Vintage is anything 25+yrs old....

Just because parts are discontinued does not mean it's vintage. Yes you have some outdated cars but it's not really that old. If you looked hard enough you'll find some online store that still have parts.

I have a first gen AE MGT. Technically it's a discontinued product and they no longer make parts for it. But I can still find parts everywhere whether they are original parts from back in the day or New parts made for the mgt 4.6, 8.0, rival or thunder tiger clones.

The best and probably only website to get vintage parts for the hobby is eBay.com

Posting multiple threads of the same content is spamming. You should've simply posted in the vintage and classic cars board. Everything shows up on Google now. People could simply type, " old & vintage parts - a list of websites", and this thread would magically appear on the search page in less than .2 seconds. There's really no need to shout and spread the word. That's Google's job.

This thread has potential, just needs to get back on track
Old 02-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Big Alice

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

There's more than just ebay out there for old parts. I've bought parts for my old T Optima from these guys a month or so ago. Everything went well so they're on my buy from list. http://sabulatech.com/storefront/

Just to get this thread back on track..

Last edited by Big Alice; 02-13-2014 at 01:27 PM.