Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

whats up with bolink

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Drager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats up with bolink

hey guys any of you know whats up with bolink?? last time i checked at tower hobbies almost all of their cars are discontinued... did they go bankrupt??

[8D]
Old 09-29-2003, 10:34 PM
spiderxx

Default RE: whats up with bolink

Dont believe any of the rumors about Bolink. I called them and placed an order. Whatever Hobbytown USA heard and is saying isnt true. Bolink didnt go into detail (as you would expect with any company) about what is going on. They just said they got behind. So Bolink is still in business.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:58 PM
Drager

they still have some bodies at [link]http://www.towerhobbies.com[/link] that have not been discontinued.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:15 PM
spiderxx

Yea but the ones I want are discontinued
Old 09-30-2003, 03:14 PM
Jarc-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Steve at Bolink has had parts and kit probs for some time now. Every once in-awhile I can get parts in... but I see a bluemoon several times before this happens. If it's not one thing its another.... as far as going under..... not a clue.

Old 10-01-2003, 12:13 PM
spiderxx

Jarc-RCU, I just updated my above post with some info I found out today. After I spoke with Bolink and placed my order I was too excited to even ask the price and shipping cost. LOL! UGH! Had to call back. I wasted alot of time yesterday and alot of calls to companies listening to Hobbytown USA's rumors. Almost every local shop is saying the same thing now,and that is only from Sunday to Tuesday.Spreads like wildfire. As soon as I called some local shops and said Bolink they burst out,"you know they arent in business anymore. [&:] The companies I should have listened to were Happy Hobby and Tower. They gave a more reasonable explaination. Well whatever happened I guess only the bolink employer(e)s will know. As for all I heard they just got behind. Happy they are still in business and making the classic tops.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Jarc-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

ya its true they ARE still in business and still putting out products.... just not like in the past. everyonce in awhile Steve will make a post and say everythings comming together and will be worked out soon... Hope so.. Theres alot of neat things they make.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:49 PM
Drager

thanks guys[8D]