Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Will this work????

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Will this work????

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 11:17 PM
sambryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this work????

Will this work????

Will this radio work a collective pitch Micro Heli.... Like say I buy a Hummingbird and add collective pitch kit to it.....

hitec flash 5 system x

Flash 5 System X
Five channel FM aircraft computer radio
Looking to get the most out of a radio without spending most of your money? Then take a close look at the Flash 5 System X computer radio system. With high dollar features, such as five model memory, digital trims, “AutoSave”, 3 special flight modes for sport, electric or sailplane models as well as all of the most popular mixes, no other radio can touch the Flash 5 SX for quality and value. The Flash 5 SX is available in either a standard version with the deluxe HS-422 servos or as a micro system with the small HS-81 servos.
Features
5 Channel Microprocessor Design
5 Model Memory, Digital Trims
Mode I Or Mode II Capable, All Channel Servo Reversing
In-Flight Timer And Alarm, Low Battery Warning
End Point Adjustments For All Channels
Exponential Rates On Channels 1, 2 And 4
Data Reset To Defaults, Flaperon Capable
Auto Engine Cut Switch, Trainer Jack
3 Pre-Set Mixes, Aileron - Rudder, Elevon, V-Tail
3 Flight Modes, Acrobat, Glider And Glider/acro
Channel 5 Retract Switch, Camber Adjustment
Dual Rates On Channel 1 And 2, Proportional Flaps On Throttle Stick
Electric Motor Controller 3 Position Switch
Channel 1 And 5 Are Used For Two Ailerons Servos Allowing For The Use Of Very Creative Flaperon, Spoileron And Camber Or Reflex Mixes

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 10-01-2003, 01:11 AM
frejk

Default RE: Will this work????

Do you know what gyro to get to the heli? If you can set remote gain on it you better go with a 6 or 7 channel radio since that function requiers an extra channel.
I can highly recommend Eclipse 7 from Hitec myself
Old 10-01-2003, 12:09 PM
OmegaDot

I do not have a collective heli, but I do have two Hitec Flash5X's. To my knowledge, there is no way for this TX to mix three channels together to control cyclic and collective on a swash plate supported by three direct linkages. The 5th channel is a three position toggle switch, the center position is fixed and you can set the two end points.

The programming modes are "Glide, Acro, and Glide/Acro", all fixed wing oriented. Heli mode is conspicuously missing.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:59 PM
OmegaDot

My previous reply was with reference to 120 degree swash plates. I just looked at the site for Precision Model Products (PMP) and see they also have CP swash plates with a "pitch slider" for the Piccolo. Using this scheme, the Flash 5x might work with rotor speed on the Ch5 toggle switch.