Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

SCX10 Center of Gravity

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 08:39 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCX10 Center of Gravity

I need to know where the center of gravity is on a SCX10 G6 or the like. Not the center of gravity hieght wise, but from front to back. Like how far from the front bumper back can you balance the vehicle evenly over a point. It doesn't have to be exact, just roughly within an inch of the actual center of gravity. Side to side center of gravity isn't very important for the project, just front to back. You see, I will soon be getting an SCX10 G6 and I need the COG for a project concerning it. I couldn't find anything on the web. If you know of somewhere that it is listed, please share. Also, if you measure the COG using a stock SCX10, that would be great. It doesn't have to be a G6, just an old stock SCX10.

Thanks,
Nate
Old 03-23-2014, 01:33 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

That can vary big time on what you have installed, and batteries so I doubt there would be anyone that has that info.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:44 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What about get a length of wood and nail 2 nails in the side with the same spacing as the chassis rails.

then stand the length of wood up of the nails are painting upwards and ballance the truck on it.... Where it balances is the GOG
Old 03-23-2014, 06:47 PM
phmaximus

Or u could do the same thing balancing it from ur thumb and index finger...

just curious what do u need to know it for???
Old 03-23-2014, 06:56 PM
phmaximus

Mine is roughly 15mm towards the front from the axial logo in the middle of the chassis....
Mods I've done that effect weight...
DIG transmission + servo
plasti dipped servos
rear cage removed
rear tray shortened
from bumper moved back
5500 2s lipo (full size battery)
Old 04-12-2014, 05:51 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey phmaximus. Sorry I missed your replies. I got my answers in a thread I made in the rock crawler section. You see, I don't have an SCX10, so I can't measure it myself. (The reason for this thread) I am building an RC trailer, and needed the specs to figure tounge weight. I'm eventully going to purchase a SCX10 and that's what I plan to haul. I'm adjusting my tounge weight by locating the trailer leaf springs between the SCX10 COG and the trailer's COG. Mostly toward the SCX10 COG because it weighs more and will have more of an effect on the tounge weigh. That's why I needed the specs. Since I don't own an SCX10. I can't measure to where the Axial label is on the frame... Thanks for offering your help though. I'm currently set though, as I said, I got my info from here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-r...l#post11766114
Old 04-12-2014, 06:05 PM
phmaximus

ahhh ok. makes sense on why u can measure it lol

well the axial logo is in the centre of the chassis... tonight ill try to get some measurements for ya